New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

bunch of questions about boot camp and the like

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Blaize_69

Blaize_69 is on a distinguished road

sorry if all these questions may have been answered but honest to God
i tried to look for some but they seem out of date. so just for the sake of updated information.

So here's the thing i have a mac book pro 2.4 Ghz intel core duo 4 GB of ram
and im planning to install windows 7 note: my mac has no previous installation of windows

- is it advisable for me to install windows 7 and if so what is the recommended partition for playing around two games and needed software? in short just the right size?

- we have three macs in the house and im planning to get the windows 7 premium UPGRADE family pack. is it avisable for me to get it? i have done my fair share of research "http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/running-windows-anything-else-your-mac/177052-windows-7-home-premium-family-pack-boot-camp-3-0-a.html" and according to this guy it is possible. but the post was over a year ago and things might have changed too much cash to risk so if anyone out there has just recently done it please inform me

-in the instance that i have already installed windows in the partition then suddenly decided to buy parallels if i reinstall the windows again on the same mac wouldnt it be voided? since its installed in two different hard drives?

i appreciate all the help i can get as you can see one wouldnt want to screw this up being that the windows 7 family pack upgrade is not exatly cheap.
thank you
Windows 7 Home Premium *Family Pack* on Boot Camp 3.0
QUOTE Thanks
Blaize_69

bump...
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Merged threads. Please don't crosspost (post to multiple forums at once).

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
Blaize_69

im sorry i thought i wasn't able to post my first post as it didn't appear immediately sorry bout that

QUOTE Thanks
Blaize_69

did i just accidentaly delete my orignial post?
its all gone lol
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook 13" connecting to a 20" Cinema Display | Is this the right inverter cable for my white MacBook please? »