New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

 
Start a Discussion
 

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

To buy a new MBP or wait ?


Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

 
Thread Tools
markzilch

 
Member Since: Sep 09, 2006
Posts: 7
markzilch is on a distinguished road

markzilch is offline
Off to the US for a month soon.
My 17 MBP is an old core duo, so really if I want Lion Ill need to replace it.
so obvious choice is to get it in the US, but (and I know the probable answer) but should I get it next week or wait as Im back in the US for August.
So its Buy now or wait and see !
QUOTE Thanks
wescoe

 
Member Since: Jun 08, 2011
Posts: 10
wescoe is on a distinguished road

wescoe is offline
Are you looking at replacing it with another 17"? I'm in a similar situation but looking at a 15" instead. I think we can be pretty sure based on the MBP update cycle and the proposed release of the new Intel chips that the next refresh will be in Q1 of 2012. So the real question is now or 6 or so months from now? I've decided to go ahead and upgrade now and will be doing so in a couple weeks.
QUOTE Thanks
purple

 
Member Since: Aug 25, 2009
Posts: 94
purple is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 17" Fall 2009 MacBookPro5,2 Intel Core 2 Duo 4 GB RAM

purple is offline
Not sure whether you want the later OS, Lion, or the faster computer. Lion will be available as a download from the App store, others guess it will be less than another sixty days until it is available as a DVD, if you can not get to a broadband connection for awhile.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe


« Going to mac.. | working programs for powerbook g4 »
Thread Tools

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
I dislike... abouttandoutt Community Suggestions and Feedback 15 10-22-2009 10:07 AM
iMac; buy now or wait for the rumoured new ones? BenBateman Apple Desktops 14 08-01-2007 10:16 AM
Buy now or wait for 10.5 Redleg91 Switcher Hangout 6 02-07-2007 10:19 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
X

Welcome to Mac-Forums.com

Create your username to jump into the discussion!

New members like you have made this community the ultimate source for your Mac since 2003!


(4 digit year)

Already a member?