Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1

    Member Since
    Jun 11, 2011
    Should I wait before buying an MacBook Pro?

    First post here, would just like to ask a question...

    I want to buy a macbook pro but seeing that osx lion was just announced should I wait till it is released so that i can get the MBP with lion right away?

    This will be my first mac and I want a change from windows...

    thanx in advance

  2. #2

    Member Since
    May 09, 2011
    Macbook pro retina 13" 8gb, 120ssd, i5 cpu, imac 8gb, 2.7ghz i5,1tb, iphone 5s 16gb. ipad 2 32gb
    when u buy a macbook pro it will come with snow leopard. if you want the new ox lion ur have to buy it once you have ur mac

  3. #3

    bobtomay's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 22, 2006
    Texas, where else?
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

  4. #4

    pokermaniac's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 19, 2011
    Rio Rancho, NM
    Two iMacs: 10.7.5 2010 Core i3, 8Gigs RAM, and a 10.7.5 2011 Core i7, 16 Gigs RAM with an SSD
    I don't think you should wait until Lion comes out. Get it now, and enjoy it now, and then get the free upgrade to Lion as posted above. I may buy a spec'd out iMac this week, and I'm not going to wait until July. And you never know, July might come around, and Apple might announce a delay for Lion until August or September for some reason.

  5. #5

    Member Since
    Jun 11, 2011
    Thanx for the replies, will be buying my MacBook pro first thing tomorrow morning :-)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Macbook pro NOW or wait?
    By antman2x2 in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-10-2010, 02:21 PM
  2. Buying 1st MacBook Pro....But now or wait for possible upgrade?
    By LOTRsolidsnake in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-26-2010, 10:50 PM
  3. Buy a Macbook Pro now or wait?
    By ejdge in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-21-2007, 02:55 PM
  4. I need a MacBook Pro...should i wait or get it now?
    By SunnyDelight227 in forum Apple Rumors and Reports
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-16-2007, 10:23 PM
  5. MacBook Pro - To wait or not to wait?
    By Spicky in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 05-15-2006, 01:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts