Question please**help*keyboard*problem
    i*have*a*major*keyboard*problem*ive*just*bought*my *first*mac*and*i*dont*know*a*first*thing*about*it* a*few*days*ago*it*updated*it*automatically*and*ins talled*snow*leopard*fonts*i*suspect*thats*the*sour ce*of*the*problem*but*im*not*sure*so*the*problem*i s*this*sometimes*the*keyboard*is*working*normally* except*the*letter*h*witch*is*always*like*this**̏*o ther*letters*work*ok*but*then*become*weird*for*exa mple*r*=**t=**g=**etc.*the*caps*lock*key*always *looks*like*its*turned*on*but*it*isnt,*when*i*plug *in my*old*keyboard*it*works*fine*but*i*didnt*do*anyth ing*to*damage*the*keyboard*on*my*laptop,*language* and*text*is*set*correctly*so*thats*not*the*issue.

Waiting for a mate . . .
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM & 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 8GB RAM 10.10.3, iPhone5 & iPad Air 2 iOS 8.3, ATV3

That was hard to read. Welcome to the forum and sorry its under such yuck circumstances

If you have only just bought this Mac Take it back to Apple and let them have a look at it for you. As good as we think our Mac's are there will always be lemons and you could have got one . . .

You could in the mean time repair permissions

Applications>Utilities>Disk Utility
    Once open click yourHD in the left column and then the First Aid Tab. Now go to the bottom and click the Repair Permissions Tab and sit back and have a coffee . . .

It will prob bring up a big list in the Log but dont worry about it. Once its finished repairing, log out the back in and see if the problem still persists . . . .
    Post back the results . . . Cheers
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    Is the spacebar broken too?

Try going to System Preferences > Language & Text > Text > click "Restore Defaults"
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ
    Wel**** to t** boar*

Go! M*c!

it*seems*that*backspace*is*broken*only*on*this*for um*im*sorry*about*that.*ill*listen*to*your*advice* and*try*to* fix*it*my*self*ive*bought*my*mac*in london*and*im*not*quite*sure*if*we*have*an apple*store*in*my*country*so*i****hope*this*will*w ork*ill*let*you*know*thanks*anyway

hey guys i did everything you told me to do and nothing helped but good news i did something else that helped i went to universal access then to keyboard then to set key repeat then to modifier keys and*then i turned off the option key and everything is working fine except i cant tipe @ but thats ok i can copy paste it and live with that since everything else is working so it seems that the problem was in the option key (alt key) if you have any solutions for the @ situations please help

13' Macbook Pro mid 2010, OS X 10.6.7, Core 2 Duo, 4gb RAM, 250gb HDD
    Hey man, don't get used to the problem, take your brand new mac to a repair! it might be something that doesn't botter you, but come on, you paid for something that MUST work properly, don't do workarounds for something it's their fault.

Lake Mary, Florida
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Thread moved to more appropriate forum. Please read before posting in Rumors & Reports.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

jeff i would do that but like i said im not sure that there is an apple store in my country and by the things i know its not smart to give it to someone in a regular shop to fix it so i am happy with this its not perfect but look at the first post its way better

Thread Information