New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

iTunes and audio won't play

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mknabster

mknabster has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: 15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac

I just did the iTunes upgrade earlier today and iTunes was working after that. But I did a restart, was in Windows for a little while, came back, listened to music, went back to Windows, then came back again to OSX, and now my sound will not work at all. iTunes won't even play, even though it says it is but the status bar does not move. Also, there's absolutely no sound coming out of my speakers when i increase or decrease the volume. I tried using the internal and external Boses i have, nothing. What could be the problem?

-Matt
QUOTE Thanks
EvenStranger

EvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really nice
Mac Specs: Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd

If GarageBand is installed, launch it and see if it will reload the audio kexts.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« dead Mac not recognizing disk drive in Disk Utility, System Profiler, etc. | Excessive light leakage from below MBP keyboard »