New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

New MBP Advice

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tylerj

tylerj is on a distinguished road

I will be purchasing a new MBP in the next few weeks. I will be using CS5.5 on it and Final Cut Pro on in quite a bit. I have looked at the minimum requirements and I know I would meet those but I just want to check and see if there is anything I else I would need. With PC's it always said what the minimum requirements are but those were never actually the minimum. On the basic 15 inch with the i7 will it work ok?
QUOTE Thanks
tylerj

tylerj is on a distinguished road

I thought I posted in here yesterday but don't see it. I will be purchasing a Macbook, more than likely a Pro, in the next month. I need it to do CS5.5 and Final Cut as well. I have looked and know that I will meet the minimum requirements, but that doesn't mean much. Is there any advise or things I should know or you would recommend about what was needed?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Please do not double post as you already posted this same topic. Always reply back to the same thread. You can reply to your own thread thereby bringing it up to the top again. No need to post twice.

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
robduckyworth

robduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC

All current Macbook Pros will be more than capable of running CS5 comfortably.

The better the CPU, the faster the image processing will be (i.e the Photoshop Filter menu, etc.)

If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
Join us in the IRC! How? Add me on Steam, Origin or PSN (Vita): robduckyworth
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

CS5 runs happily on a C2D 2008 mbp to be honest. It's just faster on the new ones.

both CS5 and 5.5

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 2011 15" MBP won't boot | Applecare »