New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MBP broken speaker and warrenty/repair question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

hotcheese

hotcheese is on a distinguished road

Hi

For a few months one of the speakers on my MBP has been buzzing on and off, now the speaker is broken (silent).

The MBP has a couple of weeks left on the warrenty.
Does anybody know if this type of problem can be repaired in the shop or the laptop would need to be sent away for repair.

If it has to be sent away I'm not going to take it in - Apple Store don't give you a replacement if it gets sent away and I can't be without a laptop for a couple of weeks so I'll have to live with a broken speaker for the rest of its life.

I love apple product but find this aspect of their customer service disgusting.
QUOTE Thanks
robduckyworth

robduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC

yep take it in and they should replace it for free for you. You might have to send it.

If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
Join us in the IRC! How? Add me on Steam, Origin or PSN (Vita): robduckyworth
QUOTE Thanks
hotcheese

hotcheese is on a distinguished road

Thanks, however I called the apple store (in Seattle) a few weeks ago, and they said if it couldn't be repaired on the premises and had to be sent away for repair they do not give out replacements.

Or do you mean they'll just replace it as its broken and it won't be repaired?

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
robduckyworth

robduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC

I meant replace the speaker, not the computer.

If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
Join us in the IRC! How? Add me on Steam, Origin or PSN (Vita): robduckyworth
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« getting files from busted Mac | So you got your wife a Macbook... »