need an a/c power adapter
    i'm in need of a power adapter, and found this on ebay, i emailed him and asked if this would work with the clamshell and he said no, but my brothers power cord works on mine. so hopefully someone on here would know. thanks for any info and if someone can find me a cheap ac adapter i'd appreciate it, oh, i have a clamshell.

Just go to radioshack they will havewhat you need
    I started using PS from finding this forum and all the help I have gotten here thru the years is immeasurable
    thank you MacForums and all it's members

Somewhere in the world
    Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
    I wouldnt buy that one anyway, It is old. It will still work but i reccomend buying one of the yoyo adaptors instead.
    Report offensive posts
    Don't forget to use the rep system!

i bought it and i tried it on my clamshells and it stays green for only a few seconds. and now the yoyo one that my brother has does the same with them, does this mean that my battery is shot or the charge board? thanks.

Michigan, USA
    1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
    I don't know for sure, but if the battery has never been replaced, I would not be surprised at all if it was dying or near death. A new battery will set you back around $100, it's about $70 to get your current battery "recharged."

I have also heard about the charge boards going bad on clamshells, but have never experienced it myself. If I recall, parts for that are pretty reasonable.

Thread Information