Worth it to buy Aluminum Macbook?
    Hello everyone. I am planning on getting my first Mac soon. I was first considering the new iMac, but now I am looking at the older aluminum macbook from one or two years ago. They go for relatively cheap on ebay and craigslist, and I am wondering if it will still be worth it to buy one? I am planning on doing video and music editing and light gaming. Would the graphics card and processor be able to handle games like starcraft II and would it be ok with using it hooked up to an external monitor? Thanks.

Fort Worth, Texas
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    That depends on which model MacBook you intend to buy. The newer the better. Look for one with the best graphics card and most memory and perhaps with some Apple care remaining.

Having said that, unless you know Macs well and are a seasoned eBay or Craig's list buyer, I would avoid buying from either. The best place to buy a used Mac is from Apple. They sell refurbished MacBooks and MacBook Pro machines direct from their on line store. The machines are in like new condition and fully warranted.

4.1 Mac Pro. 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. PM G5. iPhone 6S+ 64gb Gold. Apple Watch 42mm.
    In my opinion, for it to be "worth it," it would have to be considerably cheaper than an getting a refurb 13" macbook pro, with having all specs better than the original alu macbook. The 9400m isn't really that bad, but I don't really know how much demand comes out of video editing. If the price is write, I wouldn't think twice...unless it didn't have the backlit keyboard, which was something that the base model alu macbook had missing.
    “If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius

13inch 2.3 i5 MBP 64gb SSD 320gb HD 8gb 1333
    In my experience the battery is much better on the pro which is something I would consider heavily.

Yes that is a grizzlycorn

Thread Information