Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New to macbook pro Do I get magic mouse or get used to keypad?
    Just received my macbook pro, like it but not keypad.
    Do I get the magic mouse or get used to the macbook pro keyboard?

Specs:
    15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
    Do you mean the trackpad?
    Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

Currently running OS X 10.10

Specs:
    MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ
    You must be talking about the trackpad. There's a bit of getting used to with notebook pointing device, especially moving from desktop. But the Apple trackpad is one of the best available. I have used it with Photoshop and I think it rival a mouse in some cases.

Specs:
    Way... way too many specs to list.
    I like it so much I have a magic trackpad.. well, or I use the wacom. Kind of depends on my mood.
    mike
    This machine kills fascists
    Got # ? phear the command line!

When I was new to Apple & it's products, I bought a magic mouse because from past with PC's, I hated the pad that some computers came with. Although, now, I don't even use my magic mouse, the trackpad is awesome! So unique, easy to use and can do so many things.

Specs:
    Mid-2010 15" MBP; late 2012 11" MBA; iPhone 5
    I have a MacBook Pro and I use my trackpad exclusively. I also use a friend's iMac once in a while, and love the magic trackpad. My feeling is, the trackpad is only going to get better and better (supporting gestures; and it's great right now), and the world (certainly Apple) is probably moving in the direction of trackpad vs. mouse. You'll adapt to the trackpad pretty quickly and then you'll come to love the intuitiveness of the gestures.

If you're a serious gamer, though, I'd say using a mouse would give you more accuracy faster.

Good luck!

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    I also went out and bought a couple of mice when I first got my MBP. You know a smallish cheap one and one of those multi-button high dollar ones. Once you get used to the trackpad, the mice will sit there unused pretty much except for gaming.

Still wouldn't recommend a MM if you're looking for a mouse (and I've never owned one) - I'd get one that fits your hand with the combo of buttons you're looking for when gaming.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Specs:
    15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
    The trackpad is great, and the magic mouse is reasonable (slightly uncomfortable, and the tracking is a bit poor in my opinion.)
    If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
    Join us in the IRC! How? Add me on Steam, Origin or PSN (Vita): robduckyworth

Specs:
    MBP 17"(2.8 ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB mem), 21.5" Imac, 15" MBP (2.4 ghz) all running ML
    I'm another user that hated the trackpad on a pc laptop and so bought the magic mouse to go with my mbp. I never use it. The trackpad is so awesome that I just recently bought the magic trackpad to use with my iMac.
    Give it a try. You can always get a magic mouse later on.

Specs:
    March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
    I highly recommend having both. The trackpad is fantastic - but there does come a time if you're doing a lot of work where the wrist feels it - and switching the mouse makes sense. There are still things that the mouse does better as well. On the weekends when working on a research project - I have the MM sitting next to my trackpad - and use them both depending on what I'm doing. They work great together.

Specs:
    Mac Book Pro 15" 2.4 GHz. Core i5 4GB 1067 MHz. DDR-3 Ram
    Since I've never liked a trackpad on a notebook and always had a mouse,
    the first thing I bought after a protective case was a Magic Mouse.
    I can use the Trackpad somewhat, but the mouse is a lot easier for me
    to navigate where I want to go.
    Russ

Specs:
    MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ
    I'm going the opposite way. Have been using my MBP 13 for more than a year. Recently hooked up to an external 22" monitor for clamshell usage. Now I have to remind myself to use more arm movements with a regular wireless mouse, not finger and wrist movements like with the trackpad.

Specs:
    2006 Macbook Pro 15.4" glossy screen, 2.16 ghz, 640 gb, 2 gb ram
    Apple's trackpad is phenomenal compared to the touch pads on windows laptops. My fingers easily glide across the surface. The two finger scroll and the two finger secondary click is much easier than the scrolling function and the left/right button configuration on a PC.

I also considered the magic mouse when I got my MBP four and a half years ago, but I'm glad I didn't. Plus it's just one more accessory to take up space. I say stick with the trackpad for several weeks. If after that you still don't like it then get the magic mouse.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro Retina, Late 2013, Memory 8GB, Yosemite.
    magic mouse
    Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
    Apple's trackpad is phenomenal compared to the touch pads on windows laptops. My fingers easily glide across the surface. The two finger scroll and the two finger secondary click is much easier than the scrolling function and the left/right button configuration on a PC.

I also considered the magic mouse when I got my MBP four and a half years ago, but I'm glad I didn't. Plus it's just one more accessory to take up space. I say stick with the trackpad for several weeks. If after that you still don't like it then get the magic mouse.
    i really fancy the magic mouse,im used to an external mouse as most track pads on pc are rubbish,however after reading this thread it occurs to me that i havent even tried my macs track pad,im so used to a mouse,il give the track pad a go as well

Specs:
    MBP 17inch, Intel Core i7 2,6 Ghz (Boost: 3,2 Ghz), 8GB DDR3 1066Mhz, Nvidia GeForce 330M
    I'm a owner of a Logitech Performance Mouse MX (Mac compatible). I like this mouse much better than the magic mouse, the magic mouse feels cheap to me compared to this mouse. Build quality is great, usb is very very small (which fits in the battery compartment when traveling).

Check it out:
    Logitech - Performance Mouse MX
    Life longer, save some headache, get yourself a mac

Thread Information