New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Brower Issues

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Re-Birth

Re-Birth is on a distinguished road

There is one particular web page which, after i type my password and press "return", it suddenly goes to the last web page that I was viewing. I am not sure whether or not it is the site or a safari browser option that I may have inadvertently activated. Thanks for your help
QUOTE Thanks
Moss

Moss is a jewel in the roughMoss is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro|15" Hi-Res Anti-Glare|2.2 GHz quad i7|4GB RAM

And I'm assuming it takes you back to the site without logging you in? Are you sure you entered your credentials correctly?

I would attempt to use another browser to log in, and if it works then we know it's something that Safari is doing. Try Google Chrome or Firefox.

Facebook|Twitter
If someone is being helpful, use the reputation system on your left!
QUOTE Thanks
Re-Birth

Thanks for the diagnostic tip, I downloaded Opera and got onto the site without an issue. How do I diagnose and fix my problem with Safari?
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

It could very well be a Safari thing - each browser has it's own little idiosyncrasies when it comes to rendering and dealing with pages. It's possible that Safari is reading the re-direct incorrectly.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
Re-Birth

The annoying thing is that I've never had an issue getting onto the site with Safari until last night. So i don't know what could have happened
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

It's not a Safari idiosyncrasy then. Have you reset Safari (Safari > Reset Safari...)?

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
Re-Birth

Thank you vansmith, that fixed my issues. I never even knew that a reset option was in the drop down menu. I probably would have tried it long before I bothered you guys with my problems Thanks again for your time
QUOTE Thanks
Moss

Moss is a jewel in the roughMoss is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro|15" Hi-Res Anti-Glare|2.2 GHz quad i7|4GB RAM

vansmith got to it before I got back from school! Glad to hear it was resolved.

Facebook|Twitter
If someone is being helpful, use the reputation system on your left!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Problems Connecting on Wireless with MacBook Pro | Powerbook vs iBook »