New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Help deciding on mini, or laptop

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Pewterss

Pewterss is on a distinguished road

Hi guys,

Very new to Mac. Contemplating on buying one and trying to decide on either buying a mini or a MacBook. I plan on using it for the basics, email, browsing ..etc. But I also plan on developing some apps down the road for the iPad, and iPhone. Any help is most appreciated. Thanks every.

John
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

They are essentially the same thing. One just doesn't have the screen and keyboard built in.

I think you need to ask yourself if you need mobility or not. You can develop apps on pretty much almost any Mac.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
Pewterss

Pewterss is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
They are essentially the same thing. One just doesn't have the screen and keyboard built in.

I think you need to ask yourself if you need mobility or not. You can develop apps on pretty much almost any Mac.
This is true and your def right, they are the same thing except the mini has a bigger hard drive..... Not that much bigger but big enough. I am using the 64gig iPad right now for mobility so might be better off getting the mini. Thanks for the response, it made me do the comparison. Also loving this site, lots of good info.

Thanks again.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« macbook pro hooked up to external monitor slow refresh rate help | Worth buying macbook pro 2007 »