New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Using 13inch macbook w/o battery

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

treyweez11

treyweez11 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 13-inch Mid 2007 | 2.0GHz Core 2 Duo | 3GB Ram | 250GB Hard Drive | 2nd Hard Drive 80GB

I have a 13 inch a1181 and im always at home. To preserve the battery im gonna start using my macbook without the battery. Is this ok? I have a long cord so im not worried about it coming out. What do you guys think?
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

MacBook and MacBook Pro: Mac reduces processor speed when battery is removed while operating from an A/C adaptor

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
treyweez11

Mac Specs: Macbook 13-inch Mid 2007 | 2.0GHz Core 2 Duo | 3GB Ram | 250GB Hard Drive | 2nd Hard Drive 80GB

Whoa! thanks bro
U just earned some rep my man
QUOTE Thanks
treyweez11

Quote:
Originally Posted by treyweez11 View Post
Whoa! thanks bro
U just earned some rep my man
NVM seems ive already given u some lol
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

You don't need to remove the battery to preserve the life anyway, as it stops charging once it is full.
Adding to that if you know out the charger without the battery in, you will lose power and whatever you are working on at the time.
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Battery stops charging once it is fully charged, so not having it installed will not prolong the battery life.
Also, if you accidentally knock out the charger, you will not only lose power, but also any unsaved changes to what you are working on.
QUOTE Thanks
treyweez11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6string View Post
Battery stops charging once it is fully charged, so not having it installed will not prolong the battery life.
Also, if you accidentally knock out the charger, you will not only lose power, but also any unsaved changes to what you are working on.
So its not like on PCs when you keep the laptop plugged in always the battery will go bad?
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

You should still follow their recommendation on battery calibration.

Mac OS X 10.4 Help: Calibrating a MacBook or MacBook Pro battery

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
treyweez11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysfunction View Post
You should still follow their recommendation on battery calibration.

Mac OS X 10.4 Help: Calibrating a MacBook or MacBook Pro battery
Awesome thanks
QUOTE Thanks
MunkeyQ

MunkeyQ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by treyweez11 View Post
So its not like on PCs when you keep the laptop plugged in always the battery will go bad?
It's exactly the same as on PCs. If you leave the laptop plugged in, the battery will stop charging once it's full.

Nothing magical or special about a Mac's battery and charging system - it's identical to every other PC laptop.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Need help in transferring from 1 mac to another | Macbook 13" screen hinge loose »