New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook pro questions

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Anthony2501

Anthony2501 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" macbook pro late 2007 model 4gb ram 160gig HD

Hey everyone,

If this is the wrong place to post this please ignore this and i send my sincere appologies.

I just bought my first macbook pro in forever. The one I had before this was an old G3 black powerbook...the whole whopping 5 gigs of memory on the thing with the apple logo upside down. ( i know olllld school)

What I got now is the 15' macbook pro from late 2007 modle a1226 and i am in heaven. Best machine i ever owned. I took my old pc desktop and removed the hard drives and lit the thing on fire and never looked back.

Here is the problem I am having:

I love the design of this machine, I had the option to buy a unibody machine however I am just not a fan of the construction. Mainly its the keyboard. I know it sounds foolish but its just the way I am. What i am trying to figure out is if there is anyway to upgrade this machine to unibody specs without buying a unibody. Is there anyway to do this with the machine I have right now or would I eventually have to purchase a unibody macbook pro?

If its hard to understand what i am trying to relay please let me know and i will do my best to re-explain.

Thanks in advance guys and i am so happy to be apart of the Mac family again.
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

Nope, no realistic way to upgrade pretty much any laptop form-factor out there. Well, beyond memory and hard drive at least

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
Anthony2501

Ah well, I guess Ill have to figure out how to install 6gigs of ram in here and pick up a 500 gig hd. I love this thing too much to just let it go. Such a amazing machine and it just makes my Mac experience so welcoming again.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony2501 View Post
Ah well, I guess Ill have to figure out how to install 6gigs of ram in here and pick up a 500 gig hd.
Sorry...but there's no way you're going to be able to upgrade an old black Powerbook G3 with 6 gig of ram & a 500gig HD.

Depending on the model...at best...you'll only be able to upgrade the ram to 1.0 gig...and the HD to 320 gig for $114.99

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
Anthony2501

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
Sorry...but there's no way you're going to be able to upgrade an old black Powerbook G3 with 6 gig of ram & a 500gig HD.

Depending on the model...at best...you'll only be able to upgrade the ram to 1.0 gig...and the HD to 320 gig for $114.99

- Nick
No No Nick, the g3 was my old machine...way back in the day. I had that thing for a few years then that one gave up on me.

What i have now is a Macbook Pro 15" model number a1226
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony2501 View Post
No No Nick, the g3 was my old machine...way back in the day. I had that thing for a few years then that one gave up on me.
I see...have fun with it.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac Pro locked keyboard and other issues | Macbook on fire!!!!!!! »