New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Short?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kribensis12

kribensis12 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13" 2.4 Ghz Duo Core with 8GB of RAM and a 500GB 7200 rpm Hybrid Drive

Hi,
I bought my MacBook Pro last August, and the charging cord has a short in it. Sometimes it will work, then all of a sudden stop charging. Do you know if apple will replace it?
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kribensis12 View Post
Hi,
I bought my MacBook Pro last August, and the charging cord has a short in it. Sometimes it will work, then all of a sudden stop charging. Do you know if apple will replace it?
You won't know for sure until you ask. It probably depends on if they believe it's a defect versus misuse.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks
thurstmw

thurstmw has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: 13inch 2.3 i5 MBP 64gb SSD 320gb HD 8gb 1333

Quote:
Originally Posted by kribensis12 View Post
Hi,
I would say 90% of the apple genius would just walk to the back and grab you a new one and 10% you will want to shoot in the face as they try to explain to you why it is your fault or that it is not yet at the point where they can replace it. Especially if you aren't able to reproduce it in the store.

Yes that is a grizzlycorn
QUOTE Thanks
kribensis12

Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13" 2.4 Ghz Duo Core with 8GB of RAM and a 500GB 7200 rpm Hybrid Drive

The nearest apple store is about 3 hours away. The cord has only left my home 2 different times. It looks brand new. no scratches or anything. I might give them a call. I wonder if they can mail me a new and I can just mail the old one back. Idk. Thanks for the help! I will give them a call sometime this weekend and let you guys know what they say.
QUOTE Thanks
kribensis12

I talked to them today. There are sending me a new one for free! I am excited, considering I don't have money for a new one!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« WIll this hard drive work in my macbook pro? | Macbook Pro 2.16 No Sound! »