New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

outlook email not syncing

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Moonbeam15

Moonbeam15 is on a distinguished road

I have had microsoft outlook email installed via an exchange server through work on my mac for 6 months, a few days ago it stopped syncing. When I sync it, emails appear to download but don't end up in my inbox. My phone outlook is working just fine. Genius bar wasn't able to figure it out. Help!
QUOTE Thanks
EvenStranger

EvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really nice
Mac Specs: Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd

A couple of things to check... first have you rebuilt the Outlook database? Quit Outlook, then while holding the Option key, launch again. You should receive a box asking if you would like to rebuild your database. Click rebuild, and when finished, quit and launch Outlook normally. The second thing I'd suggest is (after a backup) deleting your email account from Outlook and re-adding it. And I guess a third would be to make sure you have updated your Office to SP1 (14.1.0).
QUOTE Thanks
cbseattle

cbseattle is on a distinguished road

Same exact thing happening here. All my mail items in all of my folders appeared, but nothing new would appear. It would download and increase the folder size, but no items would actually appear. I first tried clearing the folder (inbox) cache and resynching, which didn't help, then I rebuilt the database and it turns out that NONE of my inbox messages would appear. Again, they ALL download and increase the folder size, but do not appear. I can log onto Outlook on my PC (Windows) and see every message, new and old, just fine.

Any other ideas what might be happening?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Dead 07 mac book Help pkz | Macbook Pro hard drive upgrade »