New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Newbie- How to print only a paragraph only from a page?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sgordon

sgordon is on a distinguished road

Hi All,
I just bought a MacBook Pro 13" last week. The last Apple computer I had was an Apple II back in the mid 1980's. I've been going through the forums for the past month and a half or so doing research on the Macbook Pro. Everytime I found an interesting question and answer, I would move the cursor on my PC over that selection to highlight it, and then press Control P, and a window would show up on the screen, giving me the option to print the page or selection. I would usually print the selection I'd highlighted.
I can't seem to find how to print just a selection or paragraph from a page. Any info how I could do that? Thanks in advance for any info you could give me about this.
QUOTE Thanks
quin

quin will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ

Highlight your selection, command+p, select 'print selection only' on print pop-up page. This only works on browser apps for me like Safari, Firefox, etc. Not sure if possible within other apps.
QUOTE Thanks
sgordon

Hi quin,
Thanks for your answer. I tried command P , and when the print pop-up page came down i expanded it, and couldn't find anywhere that it said "print selection only" It did show "pages All or pages 1 to 1". Am I missing something? I am using the safari browser.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

You could look at "Print Selection Service" here. Once that's installed, check (Browser Name) > Services. There should be an entry in there.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
quin

quin will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgordon View Post
Hi quin,
Thanks for your answer. I tried command P , and when the print pop-up page came down i expanded it, and couldn't find anywhere that it said "print selection only" It did show "pages All or pages 1 to 1". Am I missing something? I am using the safari browser.
I apologized. It's available in Firefox. I just assumed it would be available for Safari but I was wrong.
QUOTE Thanks
sgordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by quin View Post
I apologized. It's available in Firefox. I just assumed it would be available for Safari but I was wrong.
Hi quin, Thanks anyway for your reply
QUOTE Thanks
sgordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
You could look at "Print Selection Service" here. Once that's installed, check (Browser Name) > Services. There should be an entry in there.
Hi Vansmith,
I downloaded the Print Selection service" and installed it. I then went to Services section of the Safari browser and checked the box next to Print Selection. I then restarted the computer. I then highlighted your solution on the forum and then tried Command P. The print pop-up window came up, but there still wasn't any "print selection only" showing up. I've only been using this Mac Book pro for a few days so I must be doing something wrong. Any ideas about what I'm doing wrong? Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

It's not something you check - you'll have to use that Services menu entry every time you want to print a selection. In other words, it won't add anything to your print dialog.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
romegio

romegio is on a distinguished road

I have a way that i would use which is to make the selection then copy and paste into a text file and print out of that..
QUOTE Thanks
wheelguy12

wheelguy12 is on a distinguished road

Here is how to do it natively now in OSX...
How do I print selection only (Safari)? [Archive] - MacRumors Forums

Highlight
Safari menu -> services - > make stickey -> apple+P

Allows you to preview before you print too.

2011 MacBook Pro 13" i5, 8/300 gig 27" + 23" disp
QUOTE Thanks
sgordon

Thanks to everyone who posted a reply to my question. I really appreciated it. I started using the Firefox browser and I'm able to print just the parts I highlighted. Thanks again.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook Air or Macbook? | Macbook Pro HDD speed? »