Newbie- How to print only a paragraph only from a page?
    Hi All,
    I just bought a MacBook Pro 13" last week. The last Apple computer I had was an Apple II back in the mid 1980's. I've been going through the forums for the past month and a half or so doing research on the Macbook Pro. Everytime I found an interesting question and answer, I would move the cursor on my PC over that selection to highlight it, and then press Control P, and a window would show up on the screen, giving me the option to print the page or selection. I would usually print the selection I'd highlighted.
    I can't seem to find how to print just a selection or paragraph from a page. Any info how I could do that? Thanks in advance for any info you could give me about this.

Specs:
    MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ
    Highlight your selection, command+p, select 'print selection only' on print pop-up page. This only works on browser apps for me like Safari, Firefox, etc. Not sure if possible within other apps.

Hi quin,
    Thanks for your answer. I tried command P , and when the print pop-up page came down i expanded it, and couldn't find anywhere that it said "print selection only" It did show "pages All or pages 1 to 1". Am I missing something? I am using the safari browser.

Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    You could look at "Print Selection Service" here. Once that's installed, check (Browser Name) > Services. There should be an entry in there.
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Specs:
    MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ
    Quote Originally Posted by sgordon View Post
    Hi quin,
    Thanks for your answer. I tried command P , and when the print pop-up page came down i expanded it, and couldn't find anywhere that it said "print selection only" It did show "pages All or pages 1 to 1". Am I missing something? I am using the safari browser.
    I apologized. It's available in Firefox. I just assumed it would be available for Safari but I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by quin View Post
    I apologized. It's available in Firefox. I just assumed it would be available for Safari but I was wrong.
    Hi quin, Thanks anyway for your reply

Quote Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
    You could look at "Print Selection Service" here. Once that's installed, check (Browser Name) > Services. There should be an entry in there.
    Hi Vansmith,
    I downloaded the Print Selection service" and installed it. I then went to Services section of the Safari browser and checked the box next to Print Selection. I then restarted the computer. I then highlighted your solution on the forum and then tried Command P. The print pop-up window came up, but there still wasn't any "print selection only" showing up. I've only been using this Mac Book pro for a few days so I must be doing something wrong. Any ideas about what I'm doing wrong? Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it.

Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    It's not something you check - you'll have to use that Services menu entry every time you want to print a selection. In other words, it won't add anything to your print dialog.
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

I have a way that i would use which is to make the selection then copy and paste into a text file and print out of that..

Here is how to do it natively now in OSX...
    How do I print selection only (Safari)? [Archive] - MacRumors Forums

Highlight
    Safari menu -> services - > make stickey -> apple+P

Allows you to preview before you print too.
    2011 MacBook Pro 13" i5, 8/300 gig 27" + 23" disp

Thanks to everyone who posted a reply to my question. I really appreciated it. I started using the Firefox browser and I'm able to print just the parts I highlighted. Thanks again.

Thread Information