New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Iphoto help please

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

AmandaA

AmandaA is on a distinguished road

I currently have an external hard drive where I keep all of my pictures.

One day when I was in a rush, I clicked on the Iphoto application without my external hard drive plugged in. I proceeded to upload photos in this brand new iphoto library and continued to do so for a couple months.

I must have pressed something wrong in the last couple weeks and now when I click on the iphoto app without my external plugged in, I can't find that old library with a couple hundred photos on it.

Can anyone help? does this make sense?
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaA View Post
I currently have an external hard drive where I keep all of my pictures.

One day when I was in a rush, I clicked on the Iphoto application without my external hard drive plugged in. I proceeded to upload photos in this brand new iphoto library and continued to do so for a couple months.

I must have pressed something wrong in the last couple weeks and now when I click on the iphoto app without my external plugged in, I can't find that old library with a couple hundred photos on it.

Can anyone help? does this make sense?
No, honestly it doesn't.

I understand that you can't access one of your iPhoto Libraries, but not which one. Are you failing to find the original (on the external HD) or the new one you created by mistake?

If I were given just one wish it would be . . . that I could have three more wishes!
QUOTE Thanks
AmandaA

the new one i created by mistake
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

It is possible that you accidently created a 3rd iPhoto Library (this one being empty).
I don't have access to my Mac right now, but you should be able to find the old Library using Spotlight in Finder. If you double-click on it while not in iPhoto, iPhoto should open using that Library.
I'll see if I can run down the specific folder to look in. If I find it before you locate your missing Library I'll edit this post.

EDIT: Typical place for your iPhoto Library would be USERS>{Your User}>Pictures>iPhoto Library

If I were given just one wish it would be . . . that I could have three more wishes!
QUOTE Thanks
AmandaA

I double clicked and a pop up appeared that said "click on iphoto library that you wish to open."

Except the only thing is..there isnt any to double click
Maybe it deleted? I don't know.

I very much appreciate your help!

Thank you again!
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaA View Post
I double clicked and a pop up appeared that said "click on iphoto library that you wish to open."

Except the only thing is..there isnt any to double click
Maybe it deleted? I don't know.

I very much appreciate your help!

Thank you again!
If you locate the Library using Finder it should be an icon similar to the iPhoto icon. That is what you should be double clicking . . . not sure what you double clicked, though I guess it is possible your Library has been corrupted. If so, still all may not be lost.
There are others on this forum who may weigh in, but one thing that will help is if you will be more specific on exactly what is going on.

EXAMPLE: I double clicked and a pop up appeared that said "click on iphoto library that you wish to open."
You don't say what you double clicked, where you found it or anything else. Being specific helps a lot in figuring out what is happening since I/We can't see your computer screen.

QUOTE Thanks
ycl1688

ycl1688 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: mbp 15 2009, mbp 13 2010

I have my iphoto application deleted, will be getting a replacement disk from apple, i know this is application disk 2, will I be able to pick and choose just this application to add to my dock ?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook pro powers off immediately after I try to turn it on | White Macbook Harddrive Problems »