New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Help! Blue flicker when connecting MBP to TV with HDMI

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ManaTee

ManaTee is on a distinguished road

Hi, I have been trying to connect my MBP to a Panasonic 42" TV with a Monoprice Mini DVI to HDMI cable. I use the headphone jack for audio and the audio is working well. I can get a picture and the display preferences shows the Panasonic TV. The picture quality is fine (great actually) but frequently - maybe every 15 sec or so the TV image and MacBook Pro goes blue and comes back after a few flickers - as if there were a loss of signal. Has anyone had a similar issue or can anyone tell me where the problem lies? Is my cable bad? I have an American MBP and a PAL TV (though it is supposed to play NTSC as well). Any help is appreciated. Thanks

MacBook Pro OSX 10.6.7
Panasonic 42" TV
Panasonic TX-L42S20, 42"LCD, FullHD, 100Hz, DVB-T/C, Schwarz
Mini DVI to HDMI
For only $8.26 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 10ft 32AWG Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Cable - White | Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Cables
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

First thing to do is unplug the cable (both ends) and plug it back in - even if it looks ok.

That doesn't work, the cable would be my first suspect. But, I'd try your MBP to another TV.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 2010 13" MBP HDD Issues | Macbook (white) »