New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook pro spec's help

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

James.D

James.D is on a distinguished road

hey guys,
this is my first post on this forum and im looking for a bit of help and guidance on what specs i should get on a macbook pro.
the macbook is going to manly be used for recording (around 12 audio tracks at a time) and mixing and i will be using logic studio 9.
right here is the specs im looking at:
Macbook Pro 15 inch
2.0GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7
8GB RAM
500 GB Serial ATA Drive @ 7200 rpm
MacBook Pro 15-inch Glossy Widescreen Display

so what are your opinion? will this be good enough?
i have few extra questions to
1) should i just go with the 4 GB RAM and upgrade it later through another company? but does this void my warranty? and what are so good UK based company which upgrade RAM?
2) will that processor be enough? is it worth going for the 2.2 GHz one?

cheers guys, your feedback would be amazing
QUOTE Thanks
Deckyon

Deckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM

For any piece of electronic equipment, from phones to TVs to computers, ALWAYS buy the best you can afford.

Keep in mind, you can always upgrade the ram, but not the processor. If you can go ahead and get both done at the ordering process, do it.

MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1GB RAM
MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256MB RAM
iPhone 5S 64GB, iPad Gen3 32GB WiFi, iPod Nano Gen6 8GB, Apple TV 3 & 2
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iBook M6497 not starting properly | Normal? Or bad USB port? »