New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Hooray!!! I'm getting me an ibook!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

aeiou

aeiou is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" iMac core2Duo 2.4Ghz 4GB ram

I'm getting an ibook within the next week! This will be my first working mac that I will have all to myself. I can't wait!

I have $1500 for it, but I'm just going to get a base model, as I need to get virtual pc and an extended waranty for it (applecare or other). I will get another 512MB of ram, but not from apple, too expensive. Probably form newegg. Any other recamendd upgrades? I have maybe $100 extra.
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Congrats!

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
sumomo

nice! i just got mine 2 weeks ago. it's great.
yah i have 512MB too ... adding more ram is a must
QUOTE Thanks
iNAP

iNAP has a spectacular aura about

congratulations! You'll love it, I'm sure!

www.idadgraphics.com
I started using PS from finding this forum and all the help I have gotten here thru the years is immeasurable
thank you MacForums and all it's members
QUOTE Thanks
macAttack

macAttack is a jewel in the roughmacAttack is a jewel in the roughmacAttack is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook

congrats, what are u gonna use on it?
QUOTE Thanks
mangoSharingan

If you have the money, you might as well get the 1GB stick and max it out. 768MB is still fine but some people regret it later when they could have spent that little bit extra since there's only 1 slot in there.
QUOTE Thanks
discombobulated

discombobulated is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Ibook G4 1.33 ! 60 gig/external 250gig.

Nice, my ibook is coming on Wednesday.
Does anyone know if I can buy applecare like during my 90 days of warranty ?
Or do i have to buy it before like a certain time period of owning my ibook ?
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by discombobulated
Nice, my ibook is coming on Wednesday.
Does anyone know if I can buy applecare like during my 90 days of warranty ?
Or do i have to buy it before like a certain time period of owning my ibook ?
You can buy APP anytime within your first year.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
aeiou

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3v1L80Y
You can buy APP anytime within your first year.
sweet! Maybe I'll wait on it, then.

As far as what I'm going to be doing, Some photoshop eventually, but mostly just for temporary storage and showing, internet, music, website authoring, and perhaps some garageband.
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

If you plan on using GarageBand, then I highly recommend maxing out the RAM. It will make a HUGE difference.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
aeiou

Ok, I just went to compusa today (the only real apple reseller in town right now ) And paid for my iBook. They didn't have any in stock, so I have to wait for it (should be in by wen, hopefully).

I also just ordered a 1GB stick of ram from newegg as well as virtual pc (I know... there are just those couple of apps from windows that I have to use...). I also need a bag, but I think I will actually be able to find a decent one at compusa when I go back.
QUOTE Thanks
danielbruzual

Congrats m8! I'm getting one too.
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

gongrats on your new ibook.. You will like it, its a nice machine...

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
aeiou

Yeah!! I Just got it Today. Installed the extra ram and am currently installing windows with virtural pc. This is going to be great! I loved how easy it was to sert up my wireless network. I just entered the password and it worked! Very seemless.
QUOTE Thanks
iNAP

iNAP has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeiou
Yeah!! I Just got it Today. Installed the extra ram and am currently installing windows with virtural pc. This is going to be great! I loved how easy it was to sert up my wireless network. I just entered the password and it worked! Very seemless.
"installing windows " :bandage:

www.idadgraphics.com
I started using PS from finding this forum and all the help I have gotten here thru the years is immeasurable
thank you MacForums and all it's members
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« G4 broken screen replacement issue | Please Help!! Will Not Boot Up - Tried Everything!! »