Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Specs:
    Macbook pro 13in 2.26ghz,64gb ssd,4gb ram & iphone 4 16gb,ipod,ipod touch 2nd gen
    13" Macbook Pro 2009 vs 2011 - your thoughts?
    Hi all,

i have been waiting to upgrade my mid 2009 13" macbook pro 2.26ghz 4gb ram 64gb ssd drive do you guys think its worth the upgrade to the base 13" model or would you recommend me to wait for the 2012 model its just that i don't like the gpu they have now and my apple care runs out in september 2012 so i have some time left thanks

Specs:
    MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
    Does your machine do what you want now? If so, then stick with it
    schweb | community leader
    flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
    New MBP has just been released today with new Processors, Graphics and the new Thunderbolt technology. I really want one lol, but as Schweb says, my MBP does everything I want and need it to do, so I cannot really justify a new one.

- Simon

If you have been helped, don't forget to use the Reputation system at the top right of their post.
    May 2011
    Nominated: March 2011 & April 2011

Specs:
    15" MacBook Pro, i7 2.66Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 5
    I like the new MacBooks, especially the fact they have Quad Cores, but then I look at what I'm typing on right now... no need, it's already more computer than I require.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is stoned to death.
    - Joan D. Vinge

Specs:
    Macbook pro 13in 2.26ghz,64gb ssd,4gb ram & iphone 4 16gb,ipod,ipod touch 2nd gen
    @schweb

It's just that i wanted to give my brother my macbook pro cause he has one of the old dell laptop and its so slow to boot up or do anything on it and wanted him to taste the mac experience and then get my self the new macbook pro but i can wait 8 months if the new refresh model comes out by then or do you think the new model will come out when lion os x is out don't mind waiting 10 months max thanks

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
    See my above post... new model already released!

- Simon

If you have been helped, don't forget to use the Reputation system at the top right of their post.
    May 2011

Specs:

May 2011

Specs:
    Rather buying my brother a windows laptop was thinking i could give the one i have now to him and get my self the new one but that can wait if a new one comes out within 10 months time that is

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKay View Post
    @schweb

It's just that i wanted to give my brother my macbook pro cause he has one of the old dell laptop and its so slow to boot up or do anything on it and wanted him to taste the mac experience and then get my self the new macbook pro but i can wait 8 months if the new refresh model comes out by then or do you think the new model will come out when lion os x is out don't mind waiting 10 months max thanks
    Nobody knows when the next refresh will be or what it will be or heck, even if there will be any more MacBook Pros at this point.

If you want to buy a new machine, buy one. If you are happy with your computer, keep it.

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    ...but i can wait 8 months if the new refresh model comes out by then or do you think the new model will come out when lion os x is out don't mind waiting 10 months max thanks
    Jeez...we just had a MBP update today...and someone is already asking about the timing of the next one (gun barrel to head)!!!

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard2010 View Post
    See my above post... new model already released!

- Simon

i know the new one just came out i was talking about if after 8 months time from now a new one comes out thanks tho

Specs:
    i know the new one just came out i was talking about if after 8 months time from now a new one comes out thanks tho
    Dude, you seriously must not be reading anything I've posted in this thread.

I have been waiting for the right moment to replace my PowerBook G4 17-in. (yes, I am living in a bygone era!) with the 13-in. MacBook Pro. However, today's Inbox tells me that there is a new MacBook Pro (I assume that the new one is the one that we are talking about here), so I am subscribing to this thread and I hope that the local experts will point out the differences between yesterday's 13-in. MacBook Pro and today's 13-in. MacBook Pro.

Also, is the usual new product rule in play here (wait until they work out the bugs with retail consumers, never buy the first year of a product) or is the new one really just a freshening up of old technology?

BTW, I'm a computer and tech dummy, so anything you tell me will be of help!

Thanks.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
    Jeez...we just had a MBP update today...and someone is already asking about the timing of the next one (gun barrel to head)!!!

- Nick
    i was thinking of getting this one but after peoples reply am thinking should i wait or do you think i should go for one of these thanks

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    i was thinking of getting this one but after peoples reply am thinking should i wait or do you think i should go for one of these thanks
    It's hard to say...what is your eventual buying decision going to be based on:

- you NEED a new computer RIGHT NOW?
    - you just want cool new features...but don't need the power of the new MBP's?

There's always something "new" around the corner which you can always use as a reason to delay a purchase. But if you keep doing that...you will never purchase anything.

- Nick

p.s. I'm still using a 17" MBP from 2007 with 2 gig of ram...and I'm perfectly happy with it. But your needs may be different.
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Thread Information