New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Hard drive space recommendation help plz

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

shagadelicnyc

shagadelicnyc is on a distinguished road

what sup guys
I have an issue and here i am i have 112gb hard drive space which is very small amount of space to my lifestyle activities such as music, movies etc My question is i need more hard drive space any recommendation? i have 13in white MacBook please help me cheers!
QUOTE Thanks
Zoolook

Zoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, i7 2.66Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 5

Then you'll be needing a 500GB 7200rpm HDD, from somewhere like this:

2.5" Laptop Hard Drives & SSD for MacBook, PowerBook, iBook, and PC Laptop/NoteBook systems Serial ATA & IDE/ATA

People have their own preferences, but I quite like Western Digital for mechanical HDDs, and Seagate it pretty standard too.

320GB WD 320GB 2.5" Western Digital 'Scorpio BLACK'... (WD3200BEKT) at OWC

or

500GB Seagate DIY KIT: 500GB 7200RPM HD for MacBook,... (OWCYST9500420AS) at OWC

The Seagate is aimed at MacBooks, and comes with an installation kit. At less that $100, you really can't go wrong.

Alternatively, you could probably land yourself a 2TB external HDD with Firewire 800 for less than $200.

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is stoned to death.
- Joan D. Vinge

QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Any of these will work in any white Macbook.
Data Storage Upgrades for your Apple MacBook 2.4GHz "White" (13.3-Inch Intel Core 2 Duo "Unibody Design") - Mid 2010 at OtherWorldComputing.com

SSDs are highly pricey, so for size, speed and value for money, 500-750GB 7200rpm HDs are the way to go.

I have the Hitachi 7K500 which is a 500GB 7200rpm HD that runs silently, with no excess heat or power consumption. Would recommend it to anyone.

Zoolook snuck in there while I was typing
QUOTE Thanks
shagadelicnyc

Thank You very much guys i appreciate your opinions
QUOTE Thanks
shagadelicnyc

guys if am i wrong tell me but i need internal hard drive that is build in mac inside is this what u recommended? i need internal
QUOTE Thanks
shagadelicnyc

what sup guys
I have an issue and here i am i have 112gb hard drive space build inside my white macbook which is very small amount of space to my lifestyle activities such as music, movies etc My question is i need bigger hard drive space to replace my old 112gb to lets say 500bg any recommendation? i have 13in white MacBook please help me cheers!
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

That's what we linked you to....
If you want an external HD to store all your movies on you can go for something like Amazon.com: Western Digital My Book Studio 1 TB USB 2.0/FireWire 800/400, Desktop External Hard Drive: Electronics or Amazon.com: Western Digital My Book Studio II - 2 TB (2 x 1 TB) USB 2.0/FireWire 800/400/eSATA Desktop External Hard Drive: Electronics
QUOTE Thanks
6string

Why did you just post the same question again?
We have answered all your questions in your other thread!
Hard drive space recommendation help plz
QUOTE Thanks
shagadelicnyc

hey i need internal not external i need the one that is build inside in mac i need to replace that one with bigger one u guys recommend it external which i dont need
QUOTE Thanks
shagadelicnyc

i need internal hard drive that is build inside of mac if it is possible to replace internal hard drive ? i have 112gb internal hard drive build in my white macbook i want to replace with 500gb if is possible can you help me and recommend me which one thanx i appreciate it so much
QUOTE Thanks
6string

If you click the links that I gave you in the other thread in my first response, you will see that they are "internal Hard Drives!"
QUOTE Thanks
6string

Read my answer in your other thread, and click the links that I gave you in post #3 in this thread and you will see that they are "Internal Hard Drives!"
QUOTE Thanks
shagadelicnyc

ok sir the pic with three screw drives that an internal hard drive? if yes sorry for everything thanx so much? is it hard to replace?
QUOTE Thanks
6string

Yes, they all are, but some come with screwdrivers and an external enclosure.
An external enclosure is a device that you can put your old hard drive in to make it and external hard drive.
These are good to have, as it makes it easy to transfer your data off your old hard drive to your new hard drive.

This link shows you how to install the hard drive.
It is very easy.
Installing MacBook Core Duo Hard Drive Replacement - iFixit
QUOTE Thanks
shagadelicnyc

thank u so much for your help bro cheers!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook or Macbook Air | *Need Opinions!!* 4GB of DDR3 or 6GB of DDR2? »