New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook Keys not working properly please help!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Donkote

Donkote is on a distinguished road

Hey guys I was hoping some of you guys could help with a problem on my mac.

1. Everything is in caps when i turn the caps lock off and when i turn it on everything returns to lower case.

2. the K key doesn't work at all

3. When I press the backspace button it raises the volume

4. The 'U' key types 'R'

Basically many of the keys will type in or do something other than what its supposed to. Anyone know anyway to fix this?

Running OSX 10.6.6
QUOTE Thanks
Buzzard2010

Buzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 21.5" i3 500gb HDD 4gb RAM OSX 10.9.2 - iPhone 5s 16gb

Sounds like a horrible hardware problem. Best to take it to either Apple or your nearest repair shop. If the machine is under 12 months old you will still have Applecare on it and I recommend taking it to an Apple Store for replacement / repair (which will be free if under Apple Care).

Hope this helps

- Simon

If you have been helped, don't forget to use the Reputation system at the bottom of the users profile.
May 2011
Nominated: March 2011 & April 2011
QUOTE Thanks
robduckyworth

robduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC

sounds like maybe you spilled something on your keyboard?

If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
Join us in the IRC! How? Add me on Steam, Origin or PSN (Vita): robduckyworth
QUOTE Thanks
Donkote

Donkote is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard2010 View Post
Sounds like a horrible hardware problem. Best to take it to either Apple or your nearest repair shop. If the machine is under 12 months old you will still have Applecare on it and I recommend taking it to an Apple Store for replacement / repair (which will be free if under Apple Care).

Hope this helps

- Simon
oo thanks. Thankfully i got it just a few months ago so I'll take it to the Apple store

Quote:
Originally Posted by robduckyworth View Post
sounds like maybe you spilled something on your keyboard?
yea i think that might be the problem
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

If you spilled something on your keyboard and you take the machine on in to Apple for repair, they will charge you for any work they have to do. Your warranty or Apple care does not cover accidental damage.

It would be wise to get an estimate from Apple first before authorizing any repairs.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« USB Stick not appearing in finder | Back up purchased itunes music to external HD help please »