New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Upgrading the Hardrive on my 2007 Macbook

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Bebetto

Bebetto is on a distinguished road

Hi All,

Looking to upgrade the internal hard drive o My Macbook. I'd really like to put a 1tb one in, but can't seem to find one with the right dimensions.

Is this possible? Anyone any good recommendations for a suitable hard drive? Or am I better going for something a bit smaller?

Cheers

Rob
QUOTE Thanks
robduckyworth

robduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC

er, i think WD and Samsung do 750GB ones. i dont believe there are any 1tb 9mm 2.5" drives out yet.

If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
Join us in the IRC! How? Add me on Steam, Origin or PSN (Vita): robduckyworth
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebetto View Post
Hi All,

Looking to upgrade the internal hard drive o My Macbook. I'd really like to put a 1tb one in, but can't seem to find one with the right dimensions.

Is this possible? Anyone any good recommendations for a suitable hard drive? Or am I better going for something a bit smaller?

Cheers

Rob
Rob,

As you found...at the moment there are no 1tb drives (that I'm aware of) with the proper dimensions. The largest currently available (that will fit) is something like a 750 gig drive. Here's an example of a 2.5" 750gig hard drive with a 9.5mm height:

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Seagate/ST9750420AS/

500gig drives are much more common "max size" to upgrade to.

HTH,

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
Bebetto

That's what I'd found to be honest.

What's 250gb between friends eh!!
QUOTE Thanks
Bebetto

And Thanks Nick.

I'm sure Making my hard drive 4 times bigger will do the trick
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebetto View Post
And Thanks Nick.

I'm sure Making my hard drive 4 times bigger will do the trick
You're welcome...enjoy the upgrade.

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Book on fixing macbook glitches, etc. | macbook RSS has began »