New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Superdrive Not Correctly Recognized

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

shane82388

shane82388 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.2GHz Mac Book Pro (4GB RAM) - 23" HD Cinema Display - New Wireless Keyboard/Mouse - iPhone

My old superdrive wasnt able to burn anything anymore and didnt accept much blank media at all. I bought a replacement one online that isnt the exactly same model but almost.

My original drive was the MAT****A DVD-R UJ-857E and the new one is MAT****A DVD-R UJ-857C.

The drive actually does seem to work as my computer booted up no problem after changing it out and it reads dvds as well as blank dvd media, but it just gets an error type thing when i try to burn stuff. I dont know what the problem is?
Anyway, when i go to system profiler it says the new drive is my old drive, even though the new drive is in the computer...something is definitely weird here.
anyone have any clue how to fix this?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

The drive you bought as a replacement is an older model run and may not be entirely compatible with the one you removed. Where did you buy the drive from? Perhaps you can return it.

I recommend buying a replacement drive from the folks at OWC. They guaranty compatibility for their replacement drives.
QUOTE Thanks
shane82388

shane82388 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.2GHz Mac Book Pro (4GB RAM) - 23" HD Cinema Display - New Wireless Keyboard/Mouse - iPhone

Ah i see...well the guy i bought it from assured me it was a compatible replacement for my current drive. I guess ill be emailing him back to let him know its not....lol.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MacBook Pro help! | Need a quiet hard drive for MBP! »