11.6" MBA with xcode
    Specs:
    iMac G5-iSight tiger, iMac G5 tiger, G5 tiger, 23in hd display,G3 tiger,CRT Display, Macbook Leopard
    11.6" MBA with xcode
    I looking to get a 11.6" MBA for web browsing, video, and other small simple tasks.

However, I also want to be able to run the SDK on my laptop. I am pretty sure it can run Apple's SDK on it, but I don't know what specs would accomplish it.

My main concern is will 2GB be enough, or should I go 4GB?

Also, what about the processor? Would 1.4Ghz be enough or is 1.6Ghz the best route to go?

Thanks,
    Jon

P.S if this is in the wrong section I apologize, feel free to move it to where it fits best.
    Jonathan

11.6" MBA with xcode
    Specs:
    15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
    i would say go for 4GB, 1.6 - you might regret it later on, you cant open the thing up.
    If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
    Join us in the IRC! How? Add me on Steam, Origin or PSN (Vita): robduckyworth

11.6" MBA with xcode
    Specs:
    iMac G5-iSight tiger, iMac G5 tiger, G5 tiger, 23in hd display,G3 tiger,CRT Display, Macbook Leopard
    So just going all out would do the trick or just a MBA in general would be a waste of time?
    Your post kind of confused me a little.

Just to add, I am just starting to learn to write apps so it will be basic stuff I am writing nothing too aggressive.
    Jonathan

11.6" MBA with xcode
    Specs:
    15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
    well i have never had any interest in the MBA - i see them as the kind of computer you see in Starbucks, with very smug owners.

but this is my view, they are very capable machines apparently, and probably quite speedy with all that flash memory.

but for the price of a fairly decent MBA, you can get a better MBP, which to me is a laptop for people wanting to something serious, and is upgradeable. (and they are updating them soon apparently, so why not go for one of the newest? and they definitely run Xcode.)

However I could probably guess it would run Xcode fine. theres no reason why it wouldnt. especially if you arent writing something too complicated.

but my main concern would be that you would buy it, then regret that you hadn't upgraded to 4GB of RAM when you had the chance, and now you were stuck with the 2GB, unable to open it up.

boy, i have rambled on. hope i have helped you!
    If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
    Join us in the IRC! How? Add me on Steam, Origin or PSN (Vita): robduckyworth

11.6" MBA with xcode
    Specs:
    It does help thanks!

I am actually getting a MPB in about a year and a half as I head for College. I don't need that much power until then. I dont want s desktop as I am always on-the-go and would not want to lug a whole desktop around lol. So I wanted something that would compliment the MPB (that would basically be my main computer). So the MBA seemed like the best fit.

I think I'll just go for the 1.6Ghz and 4GB of ram. Price isn't to bad when you go Apple refurbished.
    Jonathan

Thread Information