New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Keyboard without symbols

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Platerising

Platerising is on a distinguished road

I would really like to buy a new MacBook Pro that has a completely blank keyboard, is it possible by putting in a special order etc.?
QUOTE Thanks
Buzzard2010

Buzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb

No that isn't possible, but really really curious as to why you would to do this?

- Simon

If you have been helped, don't forget to use the Reputation system at the top right of their post.
May 2011
Nominated: March 2011 & April 2011
QUOTE Thanks
Platerising

Platerising is on a distinguished road

Mainly just for the looks, I have more or less memorized the whole keyboard. I'm often doing work in three different languages, so I frequently have to switch the language settings, so many of the become displaced anyways, it doesn't become much more international than to have a blank keyboard

I saw this keyboard, Das Keyboard: The mechanical keyboard that clicks and thought it was really cool, since Apple offers keyboards in all most every language in the world, why don't they offer a blank one? Maybe someone just has to give them the idea, I think it would be a hit.
QUOTE Thanks
Buzzard2010

Buzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb

Well you could email them about your situation to see if they can do anything for you, but I can't see that happening unfortunately.

Your other option is if that keyboard is USB, you could get that and use it when you need it, and unplug it when you don't.

Sounds like you have an interesting job

- Simon

If you have been helped, don't forget to use the Reputation system at the top right of their post.
May 2011
Nominated: March 2011 & April 2011
QUOTE Thanks
robduckyworth

robduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC

lol, very strange. any way, im sure you could sand them off, but i dont think it would work with a macbook pro keys as they are translucent underneath, for the backlight to shine through. you cound maybe cover up the underside or something, or paint over the top. either way, itll be a bit of a bodge job.

(also, on an added note, the wireless keyboard keys cant be transferred to a mbp, as they use a slightly different mechanism, so you wouldnt even be able to swap with non translucent keys. maybe the white macbook will? who knows.)

If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
Join us in the IRC! How? Add me on Steam, Origin or PSN (Vita): robduckyworth
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

Always though a completely blank keyboard would be cool too. But the Das Keyboard still has that weird hump on the right with their name on it. If I was going for the minimalism, I'd want a straight-up blank keyboard that is simply rectangle. Having some logo on it or odd shape ruins the whole effect.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« putting 3rd party memory into mac- okay? void warantee? | Need advice on putting a Kingston SSD in my old '06 MBP »