New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

PB Ram Upgrade

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mimmyhonker

My new, 1.33 GHz, 17" PowerBook came with 1 GB of RAM. I would like to upgrade to 1.5 or 2 GB of RAM. But, search as I may, I cannot find anywhere on the apple website to buy this ram. Can anyone provide a link specifically to a 1.5 or 2 GB 17" PB upgrade? Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
Padawan

Padawan has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimmyhonker
My new, 1.33 GHz, 17" PowerBook came with 1 GB of RAM. I would like to upgrade to 1.5 or 2 GB of RAM. But, search as I may, I cannot find anywhere on the apple website to buy this ram. Can anyone provide a link specifically to a 1.5 or 2 GB 17" PB upgrade? Thanks!
Here's where I bought my memory from, and I'm very pleased with the product, price, and service:
http://www.macsolutions.com/homepage.html

~ Support the LANCE ARMSTRONG FOUNDATION -- LAF.org ~

Do you drive a Civic, Del Sol, or Integra & want more power & tighter steering feel? Click here for my inexpensive DIY Power-Steering Removal Kits.
QUOTE Thanks
mimmyhonker

Thanks! Actually, however, I am looking for a link on Apple's website for the upgrade. Anyone have this? Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

im 99% sure apple doesn't sell their ram. they dont want people opening up the PB. the only way to get it upgraded from apple is to bring it to the store and have them do it
QUOTE Thanks
Padawan

Padawan has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimmyhonker
Thanks! Actually, however, I am looking for a link on Apple's website for the upgrade. Anyone have this? Thanks!
Sorry - I didn't realize my Apple link would time-out. Go to the Apple store website. Then click on "Memory" in the "Third Party Products" section on the left hand side of the screen. Select your PB, and there it is. I'm pretty sure there is no "Apple" RAM, so any RAM you buy through Apple - either preinstalled or as an upgrade - will be 3rd party.

~ Support the LANCE ARMSTRONG FOUNDATION -- LAF.org ~

Do you drive a Civic, Del Sol, or Integra & want more power & tighter steering feel? Click here for my inexpensive DIY Power-Steering Removal Kits.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Powerbook Freezes | Plug and Play? »