bwalk_79
    Power Book G4 question
    I recently received a Power book, as a gift from my grand daughter, and am just learning to use the Mac format. One of the questions, I have, is why when I try to use my unit out doors, the screen is so faded that it can't be read. I read all the time about using your laptop on you patio or at the beach, etc. Is this normal and do I have a display problem? Thamks in advance for any help.......Bill

Specs:
    12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
    firstly welcome to using a mac and the forum

1) hace you checked that your brightness is up? Keep F2 help in untill the bar is full

2) have you got the sun shining on the screen as no LCD is any good really with the sun beaming down on it

try these and let us know how you get on

Biturbo V12 AMG
    if you use your laptop outside make sure its not very humid out or hot. most people use laptops inside or on a patio in the shade(unless your in arizona where it is 110F everywhere outside). read your instruction book about operating parameters such as humidity temp and direct sunlight. no lcd screens work well in bright conditions.

bwalk_79
    Power Book Problem
    Quote Originally Posted by inflexion
    firstly welcome to using a mac and the forum

1) hace you checked that your brightness is up? Keep F2 help in untill the bar is full

2) have you got the sun shining on the screen as no LCD is any good really with the sun beaming down on it

try these and let us know how you get on
    My display is set @ 800X600 and the brightness control is a slider. I have it set at the brightest position.The top of my screen is brightest, then it fades slightly to the right and bottom. I am under a roof on my patio, and try to use the most shaded position I can find, and I can barely read the top portion of the screen at that setting. My OS is Mac X 10.1.5.

I don't live in a place I can be outdoors all of the time, so I rig something up to use my laptop outside.. You could try this ...http://www.hoodmanusa.com/powerbook.asp

Theres a contrast setting as well. It's in the control panel that changes text size and special keys for disabled folks. Can't remeber the name of the CP, working off of a wintel machine at the moment.

ed724

bwalk_79
    Unhappy Power Book Problem
    Thanks to all for your answers to my inquiry. At $40.00 I think I will do all of my use of my Power Book, in an inside environment........Bill

Thread Information