Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New macbook pro with issues
    I finally bit the bullet and bout a new 15" macbook pro last week to replace my 9 year old powerbook. But it keeps doing odd things.

Like this:

Its like the image gets stuck on the screen and it won't go away till you turn it off. Also happens on safari and just a strip down the middle will get stuck while the sides still move.

Apple already replaced the whole computer once and the new one is still doing it. Any ideas of the problem?

What are the odds of the whole batch sent to this specific apple store having this issue?

Sorry if this is a known issue, but the apple techs acted like they had no idea of the issue and just replaced the whole computer.

Specs:
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    Have them give you a new one?
    死神はリンゴしか食べない。

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
    Have them give you a new one?
    Quote Originally Posted by eld4au6 View Post
    Apple already replaced the whole computer once and the new one is still doing it. Any ideas of the problem?
    I've had this new one for 6 hours.

Specs:
    Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
    Pain in the butt I know, but take it back in and have them replace it again.
    This time, maybe while in store, after they swapped it for the new one, open the packaging, set it up, and make sure that it's not another DOA machine.

Very odd that the second one had the exact same problem +1 for turning the next one on in store to make sure it works... If it does this too, that store really needs to talk to Apple... (though when they find out a second one from their stock has the same problem, they really need to get with Apple and figure out what's going on with their stock... )
    Late 2010 iMac 27 inch  2.93GHz i7 16GB RAM 2TB HDD
    2011 Macbook Pro 17 inch Glossy  2.3GHz Quad-core i7 8GB RAM 750GB HDD

Specs:
    15" MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
    That seems like a faulty graphics card to me. The exact same thing happened on my older MacBook Pro but after around two years of usage. Get it replaced, dude.

Im on the phone with apple now. They seem to think its a problem with flash player. Does this seem legit?

Never seen anything related to flash causing something like that... Would be nice if it was something so simple! I'm sure they won't let you go without resolving it somehow, or telling you how it can be resolved

Specs:
    27" 5K iMac, 3.3GHz, 256GB Flash Storge, 16GB memory and OS X.11.3.
    As advised take it straight back and ask for a new replacement.
    Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Quote Originally Posted by ClockworkWorld View Post
    Never seen anything related to flash causing something like that... Would be nice if it was something so simple! I'm sure they won't let you go without resolving it somehow, or telling you how it can be resolved
    Actually the conversation ended with a supervisor telling me it was no issue that needed to be fixed. Which is BS. This isn't a $300 dell, its a $2000 laptop.

Then I would suggest that you do what the others have said Take it back in and ask for a replacement or a refund. That is clearly something that needs to be fixed. I've never had trouble with them over the phone, but if they won't help over the phone, then you'll have to go to them. Let them see it and tell you with a straight face that it doesn't need to be addressed. And whatever store you got it from (unless you ordered online?) needs to speak with Apple since two in a row from their store, had the same issue.

Specs:
    Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
    It has nothing to do with flash.... it is a faulty logic board (graphics chips are directly soldered to the boards).
    Besides, you have to have a browser open running flash anyway, which I can see on your dock that you don't! LOL

Don't waste any more time on the phone, go in with a pleasant demeanour and get it swapped over again.

Quote Originally Posted by 6string View Post
    go in with a pleasant demeanour and get it swapped over again.
    That part is certainly key. If you walk in all hot and acting like... well, as angry as you must feel honestly, it won't accomplish near as much as just forcing a smile and being pleasant.

Oh thats not what I wanted to hear

I live a hour away from the apple store and already driven there twice and had to wait a hour for the genius people to look at it(even with a appointment).

I would like apple to compensate my time by giving me apple care for free. Do you all think that is to much to ask for?

Specs:
    Yep.... too much to ask for.
    Things in life happen, that are sometimes inconvenient, and expectations based on this will only lead to disappointment.

Just so you know, I received 3 MBPS that were faulty, before I finally got a 4th one (the one I'm using) that has nothing wrong with it.
    I had to travel 45 minutes each way, plus the waiting time to be seen.
    So, you got it good

Thread Information