Specs:
    MacBook Pro / 2.53
    Unhappy No Internet Access in Macbook Pro
    I have a problem in my MacBook Pro. The problem is that I cannot view any content on the web via my MacBook Pro.
    No internet website can be loaded using Firefox or Safari. ONLY and ONLY first page of Apple website in Safari (Safari's default homepage) is loaded and that's all.
    When sending ping request using Terminal, everything is fine and I can get ping request responses from, say, Google.com, but I cannot view the page.

Has anyone had a similar case? What should I do to solve this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by MonMac View Post
    I have a problem in my MacBook Pro. The problem is that I cannot view any content on the web via my MacBook Pro.
    No internet website can be loaded using Firefox or Safari. ONLY and ONLY first page of Apple website in Safari (Safari's default homepage) is loaded and that's all.
    When sending ping request using Terminal, everything is fine and I can get ping request responses from, say, Google.com, but I cannot view the page.

Has anyone had a similar case? What should I do to solve this problem?
    Firstly i would check that the DNS settings are correct for your connection in NETWORK PREFERENCES / ADVANCED / DNS

CK.

Specs:
    MBP 15" 16/500/2.3GHz, iPad 4 32GB, iPhone 5 32GB
    Did this just suddenly start? Have you tried rebooting your router?

Generally if you can hit something up by name from other services, that means your DNS is working (I'm assuming you didn't ping Google via IP vs. name). Do any other services work like email?

The Apple front page might simply be cached up, so that's kind of giving you a "false positive".

Specs:
    MacBook Pro / 2.53
    Thanks guys. What I actually did was removing the wireless network connection; went through trouble shooting and diagnosis of MacOS and after a restart it worked!

The thing is that, I installed iLife '11 and several other updates the day before this problem popped up, and I was concerned that maybe the updates is the source of the whole problem.

Does MacOS has something like "Restore point" as Windows has? to revert all the settings to an earlier point?

Specs:
    Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
    Does MacOS has something like "Restore point" as Windows has? to revert all the settings to an earlier point?
    Time Machine Backups.
    Apple - Find Out How - Mac Basics

Thread Information