New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

SD cart won't mount

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Riliali

Riliali is on a distinguished road

Hello everyone,

I have a MAC Pro 13' and it was working fine until yesterday. I insert an SD card in to the "SD port" and the MAC won't mount the SD card on my desktop ( and is not in finder also ). I have tested the same SD card in others PC and it works fine. The SD card is a MicroSD adapter, the microSD is a Kingston 4 GB.
Any advise?
QUOTE Thanks
robduckyworth

robduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC

what is it formatted to?

im assuming its a macbook pro by the way.

If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
Join us in the IRC! How? Add me on Steam, Origin or PSN (Vita): robduckyworth
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

You have a Mac Pro with a 13 foot monitor?? Holy crap!

Look in Disk Utility to see if the SD card shows up in there. Check to see how it is formatted. That could be why you can't see it on the Mac but can on Windows machines.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
robduckyworth

robduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYmacROX View Post
You have a Mac Pro with a 13 foot monitor?? Holy crap!
phwoar, that would be nice!

If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
Join us in the IRC! How? Add me on Steam, Origin or PSN (Vita): robduckyworth
QUOTE Thanks
Kreylonus

Kreylonus is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5 processor, 4 GB of memory, 320 GB hard disk, NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M

1. If you insert a different SD card into the SD Card slot, does your Mac recognize it?
  2. Are there any error messages?
  3. Does the problematic SD card appear on the left hand column in Disk Utility?

Kreylonus
15-inch MacBook Pro:
2.4 GHz Intel Core i5 processor, 4 GB of memory, 320 GB hard disk, NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M graphics processor, Mac OS X 10.6
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New Window | Macbook pro as a second monitor? »