New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Where can i buy tools?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Ichi

Ichi is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Late 2008 Macbook | 4GB RAM DDR3 | Intel Core 2Duo 2.0GHz

Hello there.

I've recently bought RAM for my late 2008 MacBook at Crucial. Since it's the first time that i'm about to disassemble my mac, i don't have the tools for it.

Do you guys know any website specific to buy this kind of tools? A good one, and at Europe, please x'D.
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

what does it say you need, and by Europe, which country?

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? – use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichi View Post
Hello there.

I've recently bought RAM for my late 2008 MacBook at Crucial. Since it's the first time that i'm about to disassemble my mac, i don't have the tools for it.

Do you guys know any website specific to buy this kind of tools? A good one, and at Europe, please x'D.
Just about any good internet electronics website will sell tools to be used with electronics/computers. But being in "Europe"...it may depend on shipping costs. You may also be able to find what you need locally. You mostly just need a "micro"/precision set of screwdrivers

Here's one website as an example:

Newer Technology 11 Piece Tool Set - All... (NWTTOOLKIT11) at OWC

HTH,

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
Ichi

I basically just need a really smal screw driver, probably what pigoo3 told: a "micro"/precision.

It really is just to take the bottom of my mac, you know, it has really small screws.

I said in Europe, because i don't want to have trouble with Customer Services.

Anyway, it might be something like pigoo3 show me now. Know that i thing off, i'll try and see if Crucial has something.

Thanks alot Anyway.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Along with local electronics shops, do you have what we call Home Improvement stores there that carry anything and everything for home repairs and upgrades from the tools to the materials? That's where I picked up several of my kits.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Ichi

Well, i'm not quite sure if what you're talking about is what i think, still... i live in an archipelago from Portugal, called Azores. You guys probably never heard of. I don't thing that we have that kind of stuff here x'D
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

I am sure there is a hardware shop or computer repair centre somewhere there.

Its not a big island but try these guys first

Indos, Informática ao Domicílio
Rua da Boa Viagem nº37, São Mateus da Calheta, 9700-562 Angra Do Heroismo

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? – use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
Ichi

I'm not for Terceira, City of Angra. I'm from São Miguel, Ponta Delgada
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichi View Post
Well, i'm not quite sure if what you're talking about is what i think, still... i live in an archipelago from Portugal, called Azores. You guys probably never heard of. I don't thing that we have that kind of stuff here x'D
Of course we've heard of the "Azores"...it's not like you're on "Mars"! Ha ha!

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
Ichi

Lol, good to know x'D.
QUOTE Thanks
EightmanVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
Of course we've heard of the "Azores"...it's not like you're on "Mars"! Ha ha!

- Nick
No...but not far from it... Had a layover there once on my way to Italy when I was in the Navy... long way from anywhere....I can see how specialized electronics stores would be in short supply there.
QUOTE Thanks
Ichi

Believe, they are. And the ones that exist, sucks! I buy all my stuff from specialized WebSites. Anyway does not anyone know a website that sells good screw drivers for mac?
QUOTE Thanks
EightmanVT

iFixit sells all kinds of specialized tools for the Mac

Parts + Tools for Repairing Apple MacBook, iPod, iPad, iPhone, & Game Consoles - iFixit
QUOTE Thanks
Oneironaut

Oneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really nice
Mac Specs: 21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

I know of at least one but it's in the US so it may not be helpful. I got my set from MicroCenter. I believe they will ship just about anywhere.

Is it a white Macbook or a Macbook Pro? If it's a Macbook Pro, is it the unibody design? If you have an early 2008 MBP you'll actually need 2 different kinds of screwdrivers.
QUOTE Thanks
Ichi

It's an Aluminium Macbook, but the first generation of it. Late 2008. It isn't Pro. But the design is the same, expect the entrance of SD cards.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« No display on MBP (Model A1261) | Canadian release »