New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Backlit keys not working

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jamessxxo

jamessxxo is on a distinguished road

This is driving me nuts...

First day I got my MBP the backlit keys wouldn't work, I found the only way to turn them on was to push really hard on f5 and f6 at the same time. Now they don't want to know at all. They came on very dimly earlier and then when I let go of f5 and f6 they went off and will not come back on for love nor money. I'm a windows guy, but I tried to get my head around it.. I reset the pram and smc and still nothing, labtick makes no difference at all... I'm in a black room and they still will not come on!! What can I do?
QUOTE Thanks
imppy

imppy is on a distinguished road

If your macbook is still under warranty, I suggest you to just take it back to them and ask for a replacement. Getting the backlit keys to work shouldn't be such a hassle.
QUOTE Thanks
[DT]

[DT] has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP 15" 16/500/2.3GHz, iPad 4 32GB, iPhone 5 32GB

Sounds like a short in the light/key logic board, I'd definitely get that machine to an Apple store!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Looking to buy a new MBP, please help me choose! | MacBook Pro RAM Increase »