New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

I'm stuck..

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

iTalkTech26

iTalkTech26 is on a distinguished road

Hello people, my name's Tony, and I'm new to Mac-Forums. Already starting to like it here. Anyways, here's my issue. Ok so about a few weeks ago I finally had enough money gathered together for a new Mac. So I went to the Apple Online Store and checked some things to see what I wanted to purchase. Well, I'm now stuck between the MacBook Air and the MacBook Pro. I would prefer the MacBook Air, mainly because I don't really trust ordinary hard drives anymore (it's a long story.) It's mainly the accessories I want with the machine. I would like a SuperDrive, but I don't use it often and it's rather cumbersome to keep it next to my desk. The only advantage I found with the MacBook Pro is that I can use an Apple Remote and there's a built in SuperDrive. Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.

EDIT: The $100 iTunes Gift Card is for the iPhone and Mac App Store.

-Tony
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

The only downside I can see for the MBA is the lack of user upgrades. Basically what you buy it what you get. You can't upgrade the RAM or get more disk space.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

To the OP:

Please don't start a poll regarding your question. If you wish an opinion, just ask for it. Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
iTalkTech26

iTalkTech26 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
To the OP:

Please don't start a poll regarding your question. If you wish an opinion, just ask for it. Thanks.
Ok. Got it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MBP Overcharging? | New Billion 7401VGP R3 Router, can't browse over wifi »