New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Upgrading macbook white ram sticks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rusobot

rusobot is on a distinguished road

hello everyone, this is my first post in the forum, and i need to ask you something.

i've got this macbook white 6.1 with core 2 duo 2.26ghz and 2gb DDR3 1066mhz, i saw at apple's official website that it will only support 4gb DDR3, but my question is, is there a possibility to put more than 4gb DDR3 ? cause a friend of mine has a macbook black (old one) and apple's website said that it will only support max to 2gb ram, and we tried the 4gb and they worked like a charm, so i wonder if my macbook will support more than 4gb DDR3 ?

i ask this because those ram sticks are kind of expensive where i live.

- i like it like that 
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

According to Crucial's site only 4gb is supported on your model. http://www.crucial.com/?gclid=CMivts...110129032013:s
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Replacing a failed MacBook Hard Drive | Macbook Hard Drive Problem?? »