New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Ram

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sp-1070

sp-1070 is on a distinguished road

So im not a 100% sure this should be placed here but you'll tell me soon enough i guess.

I have an iBook G4 it was yellow it was cheap,after cleaning it intensively ican say(belive me a toothbrush and all)its white again.

I have been a windows user all my day's till now and i am wondering,is it something in the hardware or the way mac accesses the Ram memory that makes it just this much faster and more stable.

i havnt been able to use a windows computer for longer then 3 hours without something going wrong one way or another ive been on this thing 2 days now and it is fine i can't seem to find annything on this annywhere on google except for these foolish is win vs mac wars...

thank you in advance
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

In my opinion it has more to do with the stability of the OS...not so much the hardware.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
G4 ibookboy

G4 ibookboy is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: g4 ibook 1.2/512 leopard, 2007 MacBook 2.0 c2d lion, 20" imac 1.8 cd , 2010 mac mini

I have noticed that as well, i always used windows based computers as well, i got an old g3 powerbook pismo about 2 years ago, used my friends os x 10.4 disks to get it working and it worked 10 times better than any windows computer so i found a g4 tibook first gen on craigslist in chicago for $50.00 bought that used it for a year, still using it as a desktop now didnt want to spend close to 200 for a battery for an 11 year old laptop. bought a new compaq with windows 7 for my laptop used it for 10 days located a store in chicago that had some used apple laptops, traded him even for a g4 1.2/512 ibook running leopard a week ago. compared to the new compaq with windows 7 the ibook is as fast if not faster and doesnt become annoying with wanting to do updates in the middle of doing something with it or it deciding its time for a virus scan or just internet explorer deciding to quit. on that thought one has to give microsoft a little credit..... windows 7 is much better than vista or xp BUT....it still falls far short of apple os x. I will never buy another windows machine again. apple has me for life now. enjoy your mac, you will find that os x is just the best there is and you will enjoy the computer just working without having to play with it to send an email!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« mac book as an external hdd? | I'm thinking of buying iBook from 2001, good idea? »