What year macbook pro is this
    So I just want to know what year macbook pro this is. I am unable to find. I just bought this just want to find a few youtube vids.

Also is it any good

Apple MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz 4GB 200GB 7200 on eBay.ca (item 320642166536 end time 11-Feb-11 11:17:43 EST)

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by bruenor9 View Post
    So I just want to know what year macbook pro this is. I am unable to find. I just bought this just want to find a few youtube vids.

Also is it any good
    Probably a 2008 model. A good number of them had a problem with the "8600 GT" video card. Not all...but a good number. If it turns out you are having problems...Apple still has a program to fix or replace it.

As far as "it is any good". It depends. It's better than a 2006 laptop...but not as good as a 2010 model.

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    It's an early 2008 model. Also notice... it's been user refurbished and does not come with the Snow Leopard disk. In my opinion, it's overpriced. I would stay away from it. You can probably do a lot better by looking on your local Craig's List and meeting face to face with the seller which also gives you an opportunity to try out the machine.

Specs:
    Imac 27" Retina 5K, 512GB flash memory, 3.3GHz, 16GB memory, macOS Sierra beta.
    There are no less than 4 MacBook Pro's with the 2.4GHz processor. Go and have a look at this link and find out precisely what model is on offer as they come with different graphics etc. And very iffy that installing an OS and applications and not supplying install discs.

Apple MacBook Pro Specs (All MacBook Pro Technical Specs) @ EveryMac.com
    Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    I would stay away from it. You can probably do a lot better by looking on your local Craig's List and meeting face to face with the seller which also gives you an opportunity to try out the machine.
    I think that the OP may have already purchased it!

I really hate it when folks buy a computer...then ask if it's any good! The "horse is already out of the barn"...too late now!

- Nick
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    I hope for his sake he didn't buy it. Did you notice the price? The seller wants $899 plus $85 shipping. Overpriced in my opinion.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    I hope for his sake he didn't buy it. Did you notice the price? The seller wants $899 plus $85 shipping. Overpriced in my opinion.
    Mac2Sell says $870 Canadian. OP may have paid $899 + $85 shipping makes the total $984...so $114 more than Mac2Sell.

That $85 shipping is what really kills the deal for me. That's just way too much!

- Nick

hmm
    well I kinda got it for free with the shipping from someone I know. umm I guess it looks alright. My first mac so im pretty excited. Always wanted one!

Specs:
    21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
    I think it's not a good sign that it costs so much AND it has no installation disk. If something goes wrong you won't be able to verify or repair from the installation CD or reinstall the OS if you want to wipe it clean. Sounds kind of sketchy to me, on top of it being user refurbished.

You should at least buy yourself a copy of Snow Leopard and do a clean install yourself. For just a hundred bucks more than this guy is asking, you can probably get a brand new white Macbook or even an Apple-refurbished Macbook Pro, which will have installation disks and be covered by Apple Care.

Thread Information