Thread: Macbook Pro Ram

Macbook Pro Ram

Macbook Pro Ram
    I bought a new 15" Macbook Pro (i5) a few months ago and want to upgrade the ram. I do web design and development and am working this thing running Create Suite, etc.

I found an 8gb ram kit online ( Mac Memory and Hard Drives: 8GB DDR3-1066 Kit for MacBook Pro - Ramjet, Inc. ) and am wondering if this ram is as good and as fast as the ram that came in my Macbook. I don't want to buy something of less quality or something that will compromise my computer.

Thanks!

Frankie

Macbook Pro Ram
    Specs:
    2006 Macbook Pro 15.4" glossy screen, 2.16 ghz, 640 gb, 2 gb ram
    Quote Originally Posted by lovemynewmac View Post
    I bought a new 15" Macbook Pro (i5) a few months ago and want to upgrade the ram. I do web design and development and am working this thing running Create Suite, etc.

I found an 8gb ram kit online ( Mac Memory and Hard Drives: 8GB DDR3-1066 Kit for MacBook Pro - Ramjet, Inc. ) and am wondering if this ram is as good and as fast as the ram that came in my Macbook. I don't want to buy something of less quality or something that will compromise my computer.

Thanks!

Frankie
    Download and install Mactracker. That will tell you exactly what your computer is capable of taking. My MBP maxes out at 2 GB ram, even though I theoretically could put 4 GB in it. I'm pretty sure yours can run 8 GB since it's a new computer, but Mactracker will let you know for sure.

You could also call the fine folks at Other World Computing. They'll be able to answer all your questions. That's where I bought my RAM and they were very helpful.

Thread Information