New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Logic Board

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

robinmk02

robinmk02 is on a distinguished road

I have a MacBook Pro that is approximately 8 months old. About a week after I purchased it, I took it in because one of the USB Ports was not working. They did something and it started to work, however it stopped working again a few weeks ago. Also, my power cord was replaced this past November because it seemed to be the power cord was no longer charging my computer. Last week, the new power cord started the same thing the old cord was doing...I would have to move it around to get the charge going, which had me thinking it was not making the connection. I called Apple, they had me do a few things to reset the power something or other (sorry, don't remember the exact term), but that did not work, so I was told to take it in to the store and have a Genius look at it and run a test on it. Of course, I take it in to the store, and it is working for them! I come home and about 10 minutes later, it stops charging, then it starts charging...very intermittent. I called Apple again, and they told me to take it back and tell the Genius what is going on (movement of the laptop affects charging, the part that connects to the computer gets hot when it stops charging, etc).

So, I took it in, and it was determined to be a connection problem between the charging cable and the computer and probably something with the USB ports, so it was sent in. Now to my question....I wanted to give all of this information for a very short question ...The Logic Board was replaced. Does this take care of the USB Ports AND the part on the computer where the power cord connects (I think she called that a mag safe??)?

My computer did come back, however, when the store checked it just to make sure all was working, they found my airport card was bad, so it had to be sent back out! I did not think to ask the question when I had them on the phone.

Thank you for your help!! I'm really glad I found this forum!!

Robin
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinmk02 View Post
I have a MacBook Pro that is approximately 8 months old. About a week after I purchased it, I took it in because one of the USB Ports was not working. They did something and it started to work, however it stopped working again a few weeks ago.
Took it in where? Who is "they"?

If this MacBook Pro is 8 months old...just keep taking it to an Apple Store (if that's who "they" are)...until it's fixed. That's what Applecare is for.

Good luck,

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
robinmk02

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
Took it in where? Who is "they"?

If this MacBook Pro is 8 months old...just keep taking it to an Apple Store (if that's who "they" are)...until it's fixed. That's what Applecare is for.

Good luck,

- Nick
Nick...

I took it to an Apple store and was working with one of the Geniuses. I apologize. I thought I had mentioned that in my original post.

Does replacing the Logic Board take care of both the USB Ports not working and the power cord connection problem??

Thank you.
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinmk02 View Post
Nick...

I took it to an Apple store and was working with one of the Geniuses. I apologize. I thought I had mentioned that in my original post.

Does replacing the Logic Board take care of both the USB Ports not working and the power cord connection problem??

Thank you.
It should.
QUOTE Thanks
robinmk02

Quote:
Originally Posted by osxx View Post
It should.
Thank you very much for your response!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New to Mac, which laptop ? | yet another water damage question »