Question Should I or should I not?
    I am going to buy a 13" MBP with better Processor. This is set.

But as my budget is limited due to me recently spending 10000 in Photo Equipment I will buy the simple model with better processor leaving the RAM and Hard Drive at standard setting.

I will however want to upgrade. So should I buy from Apple or are there other retailers that sell compatible SSD and 8GB RAM for less?

I want an HDD because of the reliability and durability and 8GB of RAM because I always had RAM problems in the past so I have sworn to myself that it would never happen again.

Thanks for your help!

Specs:
    Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
    OWC is a reputable supplier
    Performance Upgrades; FireWire USB SATA Storage; Memory, more at OWC

Newegg is also good, but be sure to compare prices with OWC as I find the HDs to be cheaper with Newegg, but the RAM cheaper with OWC.
    Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

Oh, sorry I forgot to mention, I am in the UK!

Specs:
    Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
    I'm in Australia and I get my stuff from OWC.
    Newegg doesn't do international shipping, so if you know someone in the US, maybe they could get it for you, and send it as a gift

I don't unfortunately and shipping is probably very very expensive!

Specs:
    So just go with OWC. Shipping isn't over the top.... and what you are saving getting it from there compared to Apple, you will be saving yourself the cost of a holiday somewhere nice

Specs:
    ie 8GB RAM I just purchased from OWC to upgrade from the 4GB I have was less than $100, and I get to keep the 4GB my MBP came with.
    From Apple it's $560 with my Mac, and I don't get to keep the original 4GB RAM that it comes with.

500GB 7200RPM HD from OWC less than $100 and I get to keep my 320GB 540RPM HD.
    Apple..... $210 and I don't get to keep my original HD too.

You get the gist!

I don't know if I am ready to order from the United States. Any UK or EU sellers?

kai Avesser

Thread Information