New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacicMouse - slow?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MonMac

MonMac is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro / 2.53

I have recently bought a MagicMouse for my MacBook Pro, but I find it really slow in movements (not scrolling). I did change the settings of the mouse and set it to the fastest possible, but it is very slow.
I don't have the same problem when I connect a normal USB PC mouse to my MacBook Pro. USB mouse is pretty fast as it is in PC.
Note: I have tested different surfaces, paper, dark surface, black mouse pad, wooden desk etc. no difference - it is still slow. (Battery is 100%)

Is everyone having the same problem? Is it normal?
I am not happy buying it if it is the the device's best performance.

What can I do to solve the problem?
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

If you have downloaded all the latest drivers, and still no joy, try MouseZoom for Mac - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com
QUOTE Thanks
caulktel

caulktel is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13 inch Macbook Pro Nov. 2009 4gb ram

Now if there was only a simple solution to the setting of one of the buttons on my Mighty Mouse as a back button. Steer mouse is not a solution for 40 bucks.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

Go into the System preferences and move all the mouse control buttons back one or two notches and see if that makes a difference.

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Help! White screen,no keyboard response | Command + w stopped working »