Specs:
    macbook pro 15", iphone 2, 4, powerbook G4 12", powermac G4 (agp graphics)
    Arrow Help...my pb won't start up
    hi. My pb will not start up! When I turn it on, I get the white window with the grey apple and it looks/hears like it is trying to start up. But it doesn't. after about mybe 5 minutes or less it just automatically turns off!? I have not backed up some of the info on my HD and am feeling bummed out problem might be, that would be great! Thanks in advance. neye: = my pb and me

Biturbo V12 AMG
    take the batt out then hold the power button. then put batt back in and try to restart. if that doesnt work find the diganostic CD that came with your computer and follow instructions. if all esle fails call apple tech support or even better visit the store. they can hook your computer up and usally copy all your data off it.

It would also help us figure out what is wrong with it if you tell us the last application/install you where trying to do/install.

Specs:
    macbook pro 15", iphone 2, 4, powerbook G4 12", powermac G4 (agp graphics)
    did not work
    Thanks but I guess I better go to a mac store. And as far as what I installed... Tiger and cs2...maybe all that was too much for my machine? well, thanks anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Biturbo V12 AMG
    take the batt out then hold the power button. then put batt back in and try to restart. if that doesnt work find the diganostic CD that came with your computer and follow instructions. if all esle fails call apple tech support or even better visit the store. they can hook your computer up and usally copy all your data off it.

It would also help us figure out what is wrong with it if you tell us the last application/install you where trying to do/install.

Specs:
    MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC1av3lli
    hi. My pb will not start up! When I turn it on, I get the white window with the grey apple and it looks/hears like it is trying to start up. But it doesn't. after about mybe 5 minutes or less it just automatically turns off!? I have not backed up some of the info on my HD and am feeling bummed out problem might be, that would be great! Thanks in advance. neye: = my pb and me
    Have you tried booting from a CD? if you have the CDs that came with your PB you can start up while holding C. That will tell you if its the HD or if it is something else like the processor or the MOBO.

Good Luck.

Thread Information