New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Battery on MacBook Pro

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

macsarecool

macsarecool is on a distinguished road

I just got this 15 inch mbp, and on the apple website it says the battery lasts for about 8-9 hours, however when it is fully charged mine says about 4 1/2 hours of battery. Also I feel like while I'm on it it depletes pretty fast. Is this because of playing games and watching movies on it?
QUOTE Thanks
s2odin

s2odin is a jewel in the roughs2odin is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by macsarecool View Post
I just got this 15 inch mbp, and on the apple website it says the battery lasts for about 8-9 hours, however when it is fully charged mine says about 4 1/2 hours of battery. Also I feel like while I'm on it it depletes pretty fast. Is this because of playing games and watching movies on it?
Yes.
Those estimates are on like 50% screen brightness, backlit keyboard off, and just browsing the web. The more you're doing, the faster you will kill your battery.

USAF E-2. 1C6X1 - Space Systems Operations. 19 days until BMT.
Upgrade your MBP HD
Tritton AXPro FS
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2odin View Post
Yes.
Those estimates are on like 50% screen brightness, backlit keyboard off, and just browsing the web. The more you're doing, the faster you will kill your battery.
Also, wireless, bluetooth, etc will shorten the battery life.

Quote:
Testing conducted by Apple in March 2010 using preproduction 2.66GHz Intel Core i7–based MacBook Pro units. Battery life depends on configuration and use. See Apple - Batteries for more information. The wireless productivity test measures battery life by wirelessly browsing various websites and editing text in a word processing document with display brightness set to 50%.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Both on 10.9.2 ~ iPhone5 iOS 7.1 ~ iPad Mini 7.1 ~ ATV2 6.0.1

Actually I'm curious to know if this is a NEW 15" MBP ??
I just removed my Magsafe and it calculated into 6hrs 47Mins, Screen 2/3 brightness and keyboard on.

If your interested to see how healthy your battery is, in the image take particular notice of the yellow shaded area. If they are up where mine is and the Charge remaining (mAh): 5700 and the Full charge capacity (mAh): 5748 are within spitting distance of each other you dont have much to worry about.

You could also dl CoconutBattery and use this to monitor the battery health. This is a good App but dont always take it as gospel. Just use it as a reference

Cheers

Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
"Can't innovate any more, my ***" Phil Schiller
QUOTE Thanks
macsarecool

macsarecool is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
Actually I'm curious to know if this is a NEW 15" MBP ??
I just removed my Magsafe and it calculated into 6hrs 47Mins, Screen 2/3 brightness and keyboard on.

If your interested to see how healthy your battery is, in the image take particular notice of the yellow shaded area. If they are up where mine is and the Charge remaining (mAh): 5700 and the Full charge capacity (mAh): 5748 are within spitting distance of each other you dont have much to worry about.

You could also dl CoconutBattery and use this to monitor the battery health. This is a good App but dont always take it as gospel. Just use it as a reference

Cheers
Yes it is completely new. Just got it for Christmas. So far I surf the net, listent to music, I play Counter Strike Source and Left 4 Dead 2 via Steam, and now World of Warcraft as well. I also watch DVD's and Netflix on it, and I'm gonna start messing with garageband, mixing music, etc. I turned off bluetooth, I don't even think i need that, and my brightness is about 4 boxes from full
QUOTE Thanks
AUZambo

AUZambo will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2006 Macbook Pro 15.4" glossy screen, 2.16 ghz, 640 gb, 2 gb ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6string View Post
Also, wireless, bluetooth, etc will shorten the battery life.
Exactly. Also, trying to jump your car off with your MBP's battery will decrease its life span.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Just upgraded RAM and HDD on 2006 MBP | Unable to view showcase album »