New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

 
Start a Discussion
 

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

question about timing of MBP purchase


Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

 
Thread Tools
coltsfan2009

 
Member Since: Dec 25, 2010
Posts: 9
coltsfan2009 is on a distinguished road

coltsfan2009 is offline
Hello, I am looking at buying a MBP sometime in the future for college.

I was thinking about waiting for the new gen of 13 inch to come out, with a better processor, but I realized that they might not even upgrade the processor at all.. and I would be waiting until like summer

Or on the other hand I could just buy a 15 inch this week, have an i5 (the processor I prefer), and have it for my spring semester.

Which would you guys do?
QUOTE Thanks
s2odin

 
s2odin's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 23, 2010
Posts: 836
s2odin is a jewel in the roughs2odin is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)

s2odin is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsfan2009 View Post
Hello, I am looking at buying a MBP sometime in the future for college.

I was thinking about waiting for the new gen of 13 inch to come out, with a better processor, but I realized that they might not even upgrade the processor at all.. and I would be waiting until like summer

Or on the other hand I could just buy a 15 inch this week, have an i5 (the processor I prefer), and have it for my spring semester.

Which would you guys do?
This has been discussed many times before.

Do you need it now? Buy it now.
Can you wait? Then wait.

Wel what if they don't upgrade the processors? Then get a 15" with the i5 then, they should be a bit cheaper.
If it were me, I would get it now as I don't expect a big update from Apple.

USAF E-2. 1C6X1 - Space Systems Operations. 19 days until BMT.
Upgrade your MBP HD
Tritton AXPro FS
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

 
chscag's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 23, 2008
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 40,857
chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

chscag is offline
@OP

See this LINK which helps to determine when is the best time to buy a Mac computer, or Apple device.
QUOTE Thanks
coltsfan2009

 
Member Since: Dec 25, 2010
Posts: 9
coltsfan2009 is on a distinguished road

coltsfan2009 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
@OP

See this LINK which helps to determine when is the best time to buy a Mac computer, or Apple device.
It says there will be an update soon, but I heard that the announcement will be in early 2011, and the laptops will be available 3-4 months later.

Did apple do this before, announce it then take over 90 days to supply it?
QUOTE Thanks
s2odin

 
s2odin's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 23, 2010
Posts: 836
s2odin is a jewel in the roughs2odin is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)

s2odin is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsfan2009 View Post
It says there will be an update soon, but I heard that the announcement will be in early 2011, and the laptops will be available 3-4 months later.

Did apple do this before, announce it then take over 90 days to supply it?
Nobody knows.

Refer to my post.
If you can wait, wait.
If you need it now, buy it now.

Apple isn't always known to be the first company on the technology bandwagon.

USAF E-2. 1C6X1 - Space Systems Operations. 19 days until BMT.
Upgrade your MBP HD
Tritton AXPro FS
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

 
TattooedMac's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 19, 2009
Location: Waiting for a mate . . .
Posts: 7,860
TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

TattooedMac is offline
Yep agree with the Above ..

WE just dont know what Apple will do with the Upgrades ... As the MBA took quite a while to update the machine ....

Need Now Get Now
If not wait until Maybe they might update it ...

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
coltsfan2009

 
Member Since: Dec 25, 2010
Posts: 9
coltsfan2009 is on a distinguished road

coltsfan2009 is offline
thanks to everyone who replied, I just ordered a 15 inch MBP
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe


« Migration Assistant Question | Connecting 13in MacBook to TV »
Thread Tools

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Purchasing a MBP; which retailer to purchase from? titanzrule32 Apple Notebooks 4 06-07-2010 05:54 PM
MBP Processor speed question... go with 3.06ghz? jtd Apple Notebooks 9 08-29-2009 09:58 PM
MBP 15 Inch - battery question? tarheel Apple Notebooks 0 08-14-2009 11:30 AM
Purchase help: New MBP uni vs. older used MBP Trolle Apple Notebooks 5 02-12-2009 06:48 PM
Timing of purchase help DarC Switcher Hangout 3 12-30-2007 06:36 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
X

Welcome to Mac-Forums.com

Create your username to jump into the discussion!

New members like you have made this community the ultimate source for your Mac since 2003!


(4 digit year)

Already a member?