New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

New MacBook Pro

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

macsarecool

macsarecool is on a distinguished road

Hey guys, just got new 15 inch MacBook Pro for Xmas, and just had some questions regarding it:

Can bootcamp damage the macbook at all, or make it run slower when in normal OS X mode?

How do I get my music from my desktop iMac to the macbook?

Is it bad to leave the charger in when the green light is already on and it is fully charged? Will it drain the battery?

I'm getting the 2.4GHz i5 320gb one, how well can this run games in high graphics mode, like will World of Warcraft and Counter Strike Source run fast and smoothly at the highest or close to highest graphics?

Thanks in advance for any replies
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

No

iTunes Homesharing

No. No.

Try them and see.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Docal97

Docal97 is on a distinguished road

The machine will run fast whether you are using bootcamp or not.

You can move the music over using the migration assistant. It will give you the option to speciftpy which folders you want to move.

The machine is plenty fast to run wow.

You have an awesome machine-enjoy!!
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachellesmith View Post
Y
make sure that when you are not using your MB shut it down so it could rest for a while you should also unplug it for a total rest
This is not factual.
QUOTE Thanks
True Bassist

True Bassist is a jewel in the roughTrue Bassist is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M

Quote:
Not really but make sure that when you are not using your MB shut it down so it could rest for a while you should also unplug it for a total rest
Absolute rubbish!!
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Not really but make sure that when you are not using your MB shut it down so it could rest for a while you should also unplug it for a total rest
My uptime ATM is 37days . . . . . Has been on longer when waiting for the 10.6.4 - 10.6.5 System Update. It never once look tired or looked like it needed a rest

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Recently bought a MBP 13" - few upgrade questions | macbok harddrive crashed..help! »