New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

What Generation Macbook Is this?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

suspiria_red

suspiria_red is on a distinguished road

Theres not much info in this add and Id like to know more, the seller is not responding.. can somebody help me out here?MACBOOK BLACK (ORIGINAL BOX AND ACCESORIES) - Montréal ordinateurs à vendre - Kijiji Montréal
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by suspiria_red View Post
Theres not much info in this add and Id like to know more, the seller is not responding.. can somebody help me out here?
If the seller is not responding to your requests for more information...maybe they are not a good person to purchase from either. But if it helps, it's a MacBook from the 2006/2007 time frame.

Also let me add that $650 (even in Canadian Dollars)...IMHO is wayyy too much for this computer!

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Moved. Does not belong in "Community Suggestions...." Please read forum descriptions prior to posting.
QUOTE Thanks
suspiria_red

Thanks Nick! Yeah If he doesn't respond back by tomorrow then I'll forget about it. I have an other question about this Model. I really don't know much about computers in general and would like to know a few things about this model. I heard that there was a problem with these Macbooks and that the backlight was defective and is very expensive to replace. If everything has been working fine all these years do you think it still might malfunction in the long run? Also this is probably a stupid question but do mac's from 2006-2007 all come with wifi?
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I have an other question about this Model. I really don't know much about computers in general and would like to know a few things about this model. I heard that there was a problem with these Macbooks and that the backlight was defective and is very expensive to replace. If everything has been working fine all these years do you think it still might malfunction in the long run? Also this is probably a stupid question but do mac's from 2006-2007 all come with wifi?
I haven't heard about the widespread backlight problem you mentioned...but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Hopefully when you say that this was "a problem with these Macbooks"...you're not just saying this because you read a couple threads about it on an internet forum. Because I'm betting that most owners of black Macbooks are problem free.

As far as "expensive to fix"...well...most things on Mac computers are expensive to fix!

Yes...all MacBooks come with built-in WiFi (from the very first ones till now).

HTH,

- Nick

- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
QUOTE Thanks
suspiria_red

Thanks for the quick reply Nick! Your the Man!

Hey one more thing, you said that 650 is way too much, well if this guy responds could you give me some points to mention when trying to deal with this dude?
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
Thanks for the quick reply Nick! Your the Man!

Hey one more thing, you said that 650 is way too much, well if this guy responds could you give me some points to mention when trying to deal with this dude?
I responded to your PM...but I'll post here as well. I do understand that used computers in Canada do sell for more than they do here in the US. With the exchange rate being very close to 1:1...Canadian dollars pretty much equal the number of US dollars.

This website Mac2Sell, says that this black MacBook is worth about $490. I've purchased the exact same computer (but the white version) for as little as $350...but that was a great deal! And the black MacBook probably sells at a premium price since it's more "rare".

As far as what to mention to the seller to get the price down. Probably not much! Some folks just stand firm on their price...and they won't budge...regardless if it's a fair price or not. If it doesn't sell...the seller may relist/repost it for $625...or may repost it for $650. Of course if this is a "professional seller"...and they have sold other black MacBooks at this price...then I guess they have no need to reduce the price. Not much you can do but say to the seller..."Your price is too high...what can we work out?"...and MAYBE...they're flexible enough to work with you to reduce the price a bit.

HTH,

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks
suspiria_red

So he responded back, I tried to deal with him. The lowest he could go was $600..Well I guess that's better than nothing
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« difference between two MBP Refurb | charging problem? macbook pro »