New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Finally got ibook!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MacMyk

MacMyk is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" Macbook Pro 2.2Ghz 2GB

I just got an ibook and I can confirm that it does in fact "RIPPLE"!
QUOTE Thanks
Tel

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchawave
Geeze - I wonder what I'm doing wrong?? that's what I was expecting - for them to just drop down. Under bookmarks I have: show all bookmarks, add bookmark, add bookmark folder, and then bookmarks bar.
Once you get used to Safari bookmarks, you realize how easy they are.

Clicking the bookmark icon in the Safari window will show your main bookmarks. This will be displayed in the whole Safari window, this is where you should sort all of your bookmarks and search though your archives.

As you can imagine, this would be a pain to find bookmarks that you use regularly, such as forums. So, create a new folder called "forums," (or whatever you wish) and while in the bookmarks screen, drag the folder to the icon at the top of your folder list called "bookmarks bar," this will create a menu called "forums,' (or whatever you named your folder) which will contain all the bookmarks you added. It also updates any RSS feeds that you have in them and tells you how many unread articles you have.

On top of this,there is a "bookmarks menu," which will fill bookmarks into the "bookmarks" menu at the top of your screen. I personally add all of my bookmarks to the bookmarks menu (because its easier to press cmd+d then hit enter so I can cary on browsing with no fuss) then I sort all the bookmarks from the menu into my bookmarks window when its more convenient for me.
QUOTE Thanks
WeirdMorph

Finally got my firs mac and it`s iBook, it`s not new it`s iBook G3 500 HDD 40Gb 296 Mb RAm and 16mb video but it`s enugh.. I got terribly tired of the PC viruses, attacks and so on. SO I am a mac user now
QUOTE Thanks
catchawave

yeah today I played with the different widgets and there is a cool ripple effect. What will they come up with next!
QUOTE Thanks
sebeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchawave
yeah today I played with the different widgets and there is a cool ripple effect. What will they come up with next!

Grrrrrrr I hate that my ibook doesn't have this.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Dual Boot | Intersting keyboard »