New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Can some one recommend me a good ssd drive for macbook pro 13in

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MrKay

MrKay is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Macbook pro 13in 2.26ghz,64gb ssd,4gb ram & iphone 4 16gb,ipod,ipod touch 2nd gen

Hi,

am looking for a good ssd drive its my first time with ssd so don't know much about it apart from them being fast then normal hard drive am looking for a 64gb to 128gb ssd and i will only use it for my os and few apps and the rest of my movies,anime and music will be on an external hard drive i just bought one from ebay but without doing any research got a kingston SDNow V SNV125-S2BD/64GB and now am finding out that there not that fast then a normal hard drive 7200rpm bought it used for £59 still waiting for it to arrive can some one please recommend me a fast ssd and reliable one that after a year it will still have the same read and write speed at the moment am looking at ocz 2.5 vertex 2 sata 2 ssd 60gb hears a link

OCZ 2.5 VERTEX 2 SATA II SOLID STATE DRIVE (SSD) - 60 GB review cheap prices 2.5 VERTEX 2 SATA II SOLID STATE DRIVE (SSD) - 60 GB OCZ best buy discount online uk shop

not sure if this is any good but the Max read speed is 285 MB/sec and
Max. write speed is 275 MB/sec

hope you guy's can recommend me a good one thanks
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. iPhone 5s 64gb

Forget OCZ! For a Mac, as of right now, OWC's own ssd lineup is the best available.
OWC Mercury Extreme Pro SSD Serial ATA 2.5" Solid State Drives using High Performance SandForce Processor solution

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks
s2odin

s2odin is a jewel in the roughs2odin is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKay View Post
not sure if this is any good but the Max read speed is 285 MB/sec and
Max. write speed is 275 MB/sec

hope you guy's can recommend me a good one thanks
Just remember, those are advertised speeds. Don't except to hit those speeds all the time, if ever.

USAF E-2. 1C6X1 - Space Systems Operations. 19 days until BMT.
Upgrade your MBP HD
Tritton AXPro FS
QUOTE Thanks
MrKay

Mac Specs: Macbook pro 13in 2.26ghz,64gb ssd,4gb ram & iphone 4 16gb,ipod,ipod touch 2nd gen

Hi,

am thinking of getting the 60GB Mercury Extreme Pro SSD 2.5 from owc getting it shipped to London, UK. Has anyone done this before? How much are custom fees/VAT?

thanks
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

Get gear, including that SSD, shipped to Australia all the time and nver pay VAT, GST or customs duty on a single low value item. The drive is just great and fast. One warning ~ do a clean install on the drive using your systems disc as they do not take to cloning. However to get back applications, network settings, Home folder etc it is necessary to have a second or the original hard drive in an external case and use Migration Assistant in Utilities.

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
MrKay

Has anyone bought anything from this site SSD Europe
if so is it a trust worthy site just found out this site today
QUOTE Thanks
s2odin

s2odin is a jewel in the roughs2odin is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKay View Post
Has anyone bought anything from this site SSD Europe
if so is it a trust worthy site just found out this site today
Nope.
Just buy from OWC.

USAF E-2. 1C6X1 - Space Systems Operations. 19 days until BMT.
Upgrade your MBP HD
Tritton AXPro FS
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New Macbook Pro is saying it's fully charged at 96% | Powerbook G4 Upgrades. »